01

❝We don't meet people by accident. They are meant to cross our path for a reason❞ - Unknown.

7:00 am

7:00 am

The sky turned in a light blue shade as birds chirped around, with the hustle bustle of people for another usual day or some for their special day. Somewhere in the middle of Seoul, a silent house was located in a well known area, where two tiny feet were running towards a specific room without making any noise.

As those tiny feet tiptoed by reaching out to take a hold of the knob, the handle twisted silently and the door opened with a dark room covered with the curtains and turned off lights.

Clutching the little bear in those little arms, she jogged towards the night stand to turn on the lamp which illuminated the room with a dim light enough to let her doe eyes locate the window where her little hands grabbed the curtain tightly and swung it aside.

A low groan erupted around the silent room, taking her attention to see the person lying on the bed on his stomach whose head turned towards the other side, preventing the lights from his eyes.

A playful curve appeared on those little pink lips which turned wide as she ran towards the bed before climbing on it and sat on the back of the males with her legs either side.

"Dad!"

A high pitched exclaim left her lips which was enough to wake the man and brought the corner of his lips upwards in a lazy smile by listening to his favorite voice in the morning.

"Dad, get up!"

A sigh escaped from his pouty lips as his eyes fluttered open, where his back slightly twisted as his big arm caught the little girl in his arm and tackled her down making her squeal with a cute giggle leaving her lips.

The male smiled, listening to the giggles of his favorite person in the world as he hugged her, closing his eyes to sleep again only to get confused by her rolling away from him. "Areum, Why won't you hug me?"

Areum tried hard not to melt against his pouty face as she sat up, crossing her legs under her with her little bear. "Dad, it's your work and my school."

The male stared at her with a sulky look as his little, pocket sized daughter in front of him was just seven years old but was too mature for her age to understand him.

This was their daily routine, her barging into his room to wake him up before the alarm goes off as she always wakes up on her own.

Somewhere, deep inside, it hurt him because he wanted her to be like all other kids around her age without having any worries and to enjoy her time. The fact that she knew her mother wasn't with her, who left them when she gave birth to her and the time when a child needs their mother's care and love.