10

❝The ones who notice the storm in your eyes, the silence in your voice, and the heaviness in your heart are the ones you need to let in❞ - Steve Maraboli

__________________

Their hands were still entwined together, they didn’t let go when Baekhyun had led Gayoung to the outdoor area, he didn't let go when he made her sit on the bench to sit right beside her to still holding onto each other's hand on Gayoung's lap who was slowly trying to adapt to the situation to immediately tilting her head to the side to see Baekhyun looking at her with ever so patiently yet worryingly.

"What happened?"

Baekhyun asked, softly, finally letting out his question since he was worried about her as it hadn't been an hour since he left her at the Café and now he was seeing her down which made him wonder what exactly happened to have her in the hospital to find her like this.

Gayoung just stared at him blankly, trying to find some words to tell him but couldn't since she herself didn't know about the whole situation to even talk about it and Baekhyun could see her hesitation as he nodded. "It's okay if you don't want to tell me-"

"No." Gayoung immediately cut off with a shake of her head vigorously. "It's not that I don't want to tell you but it's just something even I'm not sure about nor I know the whole thing but that doesn't mean I don't want to tell you."

Baekhyun's heart warmed at her words as he nodded with a soft smile while his thumb caressing the back of her hand. "Okay, I understand but know this, whenever you feel like talking about it, I'm here and if not, I'm still here."

Gayoung couldn't help but feel a warm beam through her heart seeing him so understanding with his hand grasped in hers warmly as she gave him a nod. "I know."

She slowly looked away down to her lap with her eyes gazing at their entwined hands which she didn't find the urge to let go nor he did, while Baekhyun still stared at her with a pondering look as how to get out of her lost self for a while.

In the moment, a hankie was presented in front of her as Gayoung frowned, staring at the hankie. "I'm not crying though."

"Yeah, but my hankie seems to like you very much since it always comes to you," He paused, when Gayoung met his eyes with a confused look where Baekhyun pointed at the hankie with a scrunch of his nose. "So it's not a bad thing to dry your eyes from it."

Both of them stared at each other with a blank look before breaking out in a laugh as Gayoung scrunched her nose. "What the hell was that?"

"You're laughing though." Baekhyun smiled, and Gayoung smiled back, getting why he did it as she chuckled, taking his hankie. "But it wasn't even funny and it's weird that I'm laughing at it."