03

❝Some people say coincidences are meaningful

❝Some people say coincidences are meaningful. That it's the universe trying to tell you something❞ - Laurelin Paige.

______________

11:20 am

Later that day, Baekhyun, along with Areum and his father visited the Columbarium, like they always do every year where in the moment, Areum had an urge to use the washroom and fortunately, a Theme Park was located just a ten minute drive away.

One thing was solved then another one had popped up as he couldn't go to the ladies washroom and he knew Areum was old enough to go alone there but it was a park filled with a crowd and he feared if anything would happen so, he couldn't take the risk.

However, heavens probably had heard him loud enough as his eyes spotted Gayoung a few meters ahead, clad in a formal black outfit with Seojun and an old aged man whom she was talking to by the wooden bench where he was sitting.

At this point, Baekhyun couldn't choose if he should be surprised or be nonchalant about the time he's been running into the woman in front of him, as he found himself being curious as he knew that coincidences do happen but do they happen that frequently?

“Gayoung, Auntie!”

Baekhyun was pulled out of his trance as he heard his daughter's exclamation, making him look down at her to find her eyes twinkling with a spark and a beaming smile on her lips toward Gayoung, which had his stomach to twist in an unfamiliar knot to which he couldn't make out the reason behind it, yet.

However, he could make out the glint of adoration behind Areum's eyes because it's something he had seen it before, and it wasn't a difficult emotion because it was longing and he knew what kind of emotion it was, and it hurt him but at the same time scared him since it was leading to something impossible conclusion which he wouldn't be able to do.

Back to Gayoung, who had heard her name so softly yet so brightly, instantly tilted her head towards the direction of the voice to find Areum's wide smile with her hand clutched in Baekhyun's hand where a middle-aged man was standing beside Areum.

Three of them were clad in a black outfits, just like them since it was her grandmother's memorial day and there was no doubt behind their outfits as well as she understood where her eyes slowly averted to Baekhyun who was looking at Areum but as if something had hit his system, he swiftly turned to look ahead only to lock eyes with Gayoung.

Being surprised was an understatement as Gayoung didn't expect them to be here but here they were, walking towards where she was standing with Seojun by her side.