04

❝Sometimes, beautiful things come into our lives out of nowhere

❝Sometimes, beautiful things come into our lives out of nowhere. We can't always understand them, but we have to trust in them. I know you want to question everything, but sometimes it pays to just have a little faith❞ - Lauren Kate.

_______________

“How about you two get married?”

Silence.

A pin drop silence.

Sung-min and Mr Byun peeked back and forth to the pair with a hesitant look while the pair was too shocked to be even blinking as they were seated there motionless for a moment.

Before they could have even grasped the situation, Baekhyun's phone rang loudly snapping him out as he cleared his throat, fishing out his phone to see it was from his mother and he knew the reason behind it was probably for Areum.

“We'll take our leave, Mr. Lee.”

Baekhyun stood up, and he bowed to Sung-min who gave him a nod, not even surprised by his good manners and his silence right now because he had just brought a sensitive topic in front of them so it was obvious to be shocked but it something had to be brought up for the better change ahead.

Mr Byun also stood up, watching his son walking away where he exchanged a look of understanding with Sung-min who nodded back before he followed his son outside.

“Let's go home, Dodo.”

Sung-min let out a sigh, knowing that he had thrown a bomb since Gayoung was silent, and he knew he would definitely get a hearing at home before standing up to walk alongside with his granddaughter who seemed upset but still had linked her arm around his to walk as she was still his worried granddaughter.

_________________

11:20 am

Clad in his scrubs, Baekhyun leaned forward on his elbows on the couch with a coffee mug in his hands as he traced his finger over the handle while his friends chatting about something which he couldn't get his attention onto because his mind was occupied by the scene happened at the park earlier.

Getting home, he had spent his time with Areum before he left for his work, and his dad had let him because he knew he had to adapt to the situation for them to have a talk later.

There was no doubt that he was shocked and even though he didn't look back at Gayoung again after exiting the park, he knew she was also as shocked and blank as he was right now.

“He seems lost.” Yoora spoke, peeking at Baekhyun through her serious eyes and Yixing mirrored her look toward him too while leaning his side toward Yoora. “So, should we find him?”