02

❝Things get broken, and sometimes they get repaired, and in most cases, you realize that no matter what gets damaged, life rearranged itself to compensate for your loss, sometimes wonderfully❞ - Hanya Yanagihara

- Hanya Yanagihara.

_________________

"Elevator."

Baekhyun and Gayoung mused together as they found themselves staring at each other for a moment with a surprised look until she felt Areum's hand slipping off from her hand as she ran to her father where Seojun seemed to be doing the same as well.

As soon as Seojun stopped his steps right in front of his mother who looked down at him confusingly. "Where were you?"

"I was running away from principal ma'am." Seojun gave her a sheepish grin and Gayoung tilted her head. "You did something again?"

On that, he instantly shook his head as Gayoung just sighed, ruffling his hair with a smile before looking ahead again to find Areum and Baekhyun already standing in front of them.

"Dad, she's Gayoung Auntie." Areum chirped, with a beaming smile as she looked at Gayoung before looking up at Baekhyun by his side. "She saved me from a bad auntie."

Baekhyun's ear perked up as a frown plastered between his brows where he looked down at her. "What bad auntie? And what did she do?"

"Actually," Gayoung spoke up as Baekhyun turned to her with the same frowned look as she began to continue. "She accidentally bumped on a lady and she scolded her-"

"She what?"

Baekhyun cuts her off, his eyes turning serious as he himself has never scolded his daughter ever, scared by even hurting her and in his absence a lady has scolded her which he hadn't given any rights to do.

"Are you okay?" He looked at Areum softly and when she gave him a nod, his eyes turned serious again. "Where is she?"

"Oh." Areum sighed, lightly slapping her forehead, knowing how serious and dramatic her father can be while her gesture made the three people to look at her shocked before she looked up at him mirroring his look. "I am okay, dad."

Gayoung had to swear to see how identical the father and daughter looked and a smile crept on her lips to see her being a little mature in this situation where her eyes almost popped out seeing her father pouting at her.

Shrugging her thoughts, she looked at her son eyeing the father and daughter but Gayoung found something different in his eyes as if they showed a glint of yearning which had left a hitching breath behind her chest.