Chapter 3:: You never know

Author's POV: 

"Ah! That guy turned out to be your brother's best friend?!" Mina asked as you nodded. She laughed as you frowned at her.
"Girl! Is it a romantic drama or what? That's literally what you call 'fate'!" Mina said as you looked at her blankly and said, "Are you dumb? He's younger than me!"
"So what? Is it illegal for a guy to be younger in a relationship? Who cares about age?" Mina said as you scratched your neck saying, "I told him he's like my brother! How does it make any sense?"
"You 'told' him. What's the chance he took you seriously? I mean, Noona doesn't exactly mean sister. You can call your girlfriend Noona too." Mina said as you looked at her weirdly and said, "Why are you trying to convince me to date him?"

"No... I was just saying! In case, you end up liking him." She said as you sighed.
"Come on... I just turned 28. I'm supposed to enjoy life! Not get into these temporary relationships.." You said as Mina sighed. 
"Why do you think they're temporary?" She asked as you replied, "Not all are... but, it's just that, it kind of scares me. To be in a relationship... because if you get attached, and then end up breaking up, it's pointless. Everything becomes a past... like a dream, once you move on. It just sounds pointless no matter how much you cherish everything." 
"True... I sometimes think that too. No wonder we're besties." She spoke as you giggled. 

"Wanna have a mukbang?" She asked taking out the ordered food as you nodded excitedly. 

---Next day 

"Mom, I'm back!" You said entering the house as she said, "Go freshen up! Junho is at University right now. He probably won't come home today. He said he was going to have a sleepover at Taehyung's." 
"They're dating! I'm telling you!" You said as your mom hissed at you while you ran inside your room. Your father chuckled reading his newspaper. 

You sat on your bed saying, "I have work tomorrow... ah! I need a break from this." 
"What should I write next? A romance novel? Sounds good!" You giggled before lying on the bed.
"A novel, but what type of romance?" You sighed thinking about what to write next. You were a writer, not one of those serious ones who wrote about life and liberation. But rather, the complete opposite. All you wrote were just fiction that didn't exist. But your job was special to you because even though your writings weren't about real life, every little feeling and experience of yours was included in them. The people you knew, indirectly, you wrote about them. The places you visited and the memories you had were all included in the imaginational world you created. 

"Supermarket." You said remembering what happened in the supermarket a week ago.
"It does make a good start for a romance novel.. the guy pays for the girl and asks her to repay him. Flirting." You said smiling but your smile flattened as you realized, "Woah... that guy flirted with me. Tch." You sighed before sitting in front of your computer as you started typing on the keyboard. 

--2 days later 

"Y/Nah! You did so well. Your first chapter was fun, I'm sure your editor is also hooked on your story. No wonder she always tells you to give her the chapter as soon as you can." Mina said as you giggled saying, "It's because... I'm supposed to publish one chapter every week. All I do is write, the publishing and editing are all thanks to the company. That's why sometimes I send my chapters a little late." 
"You never even dated, how do you write romance novels?" Mina asked as you said, "Hopeless romantic... that's me!" She chuckled eating her burger as you wiped your face since you were done eating already. 

"I'll go then!" You said getting up as Mina nodded. You waved at her leaving the cafe walking on the footpath with a smile when you saw Taehyung coming out of a convenience store right in front of you. He waved at you as you smiled walking towards him as you spoke, "Hello! What are you doing here?" 
"Ah... I had to get some medicine." He said as you nodded saying, "Why? Are you sick?"
"I had a little fever this morning." He said as you spoke, "Take care of yourself! Junho is useless.. can't even take care of a friend." You said as he chuckled saying, "I will. Thanks."
"Did you go somewhere?" Taehyung asked as you replied, "Oh.. well, I went to a cafe."
"Alone?" He asked as you shook your head. 
"Are you dating someone?" He asked curiously as you chuckled shaking your head.