Chapter 18:: I'll tell you

Author's POV:

Mrs Kim sighed saying, "Actually... if I told you, you wouldn't be able to focus on your studies. You just gave your exam and... I didn't want you to worry. You're already so soft-hearted. I couldn't worry my son like that."
"Mom. Do you realize you hid this from me? You shouldn't have- Why did you even hide it?! Did you think I would've been a bother or something?!" Taehyung asked in a louder voice than expected as Mrs Kim sighed saying, "Son.. you know well, it's not like that. You're the best son one can ever have and that's why I couldn't tell you. It would distract you. So I'm telling you now, in fact, no one knew about this other than Mr and Mrs Kim and- I mean, just them."
"And who?" Taehyung asked as Mrs Kim said, "No one. Don't think about that.."

"Did noona know?" Taehyung asked as Mrs Kim looked at him not knowing how to reply. She gulped saying, "I'm the one who told her not to tell you. Don't get mad with her."
"I know. I won't. But... it still hurts me to know you hid it from me." He said as Mrs Kim hugged him saying, "I'm sorry, son. I just did it for you to stay focused in your life."

"Let's go," Taehyung said as Mrs Kim looked at him confused.
"Let's go to the hospital. We can just talk about this later." He said as Mrs Kim sighed nodding. They both got out of the room. You saw how Taehyung's face looked down and he wasn't smiling at all. He took the luggage from Junho saying, "I'll take it." 

They walked down and you saw how Taehyung wasn't even talking to anyone much. You sighed walking down as Mrs Kim and Taehyung, along with your mother and father got in the car. 
"We should go there by taxi," Junho said as you nodded. Mina and you followed Junho as Mina spoke, "Taehyung looked pretty down just now. He didn't know right? I was so shocked when I got to know about this today. He must be sad."
"He cares about his mother a lot, he must be devastated. But he also knows Mrs Kim only hid it for his sake.. He must be overwhelmed." Junho said as you sighed. 

You were feeling guilty for some reason. Even you didn't know why. It wasn't your fault that you didn't tell him about his mother, you didn't have any right to when his mom wanted to hide it herself. But, seeing his fallen face and knowing how soft he was from the inside was making it pretty hard for you. You didn't want to disappoint him in any way, nor did you want to see him sad like that.

Soon, the taxi came as you 3 got in the taxi on your way to the hospital.

---In the hospital 

You 3 got in to see Mrs Kim moving in the cabin. She got changed as well and they were sitting inside. Taehyung was sitting beside her looking down while Mrs Kim and your mom were talking. You saw your father standing on the balcony of the cabin. You 3 walked inside as Mrs Kim said, "Y/Nah.. how have you been? It was so rushed, I couldn't even greet you properly." 
"I've been good. How are you feeling now? What did the doctor say about the treatment?" You asked as she replied, "I'll be here for a week. The surgery is tomorrow."
"Oh... congratulations. You'll be fine!" You said as she smiled nodding.

"Taehyungah." She spoke as Taehyung looked at her. He was looking so unreadable but you could sense he was holding in his tears. 
"Can you go and get me a bottle of water?" She asked as Taehyung nodded walking out of the room glancing at you. You followed him taking the chance. You saw how he went inside the balcony of the hospital and stood there looking outside. Walking behind him quietly, you sat there looking at him. Placing your hand on his shoulder, you looked at him to see him look at you a little surprised.
"Noona? What are you doing here?" He asked as you said, "Same question to you... you were supposed to get a bottle of water." He gulped looking away about o walk inside but you held his hand as he looked at you.