Chapter 8:: A trip to Daegu

Author's POV:

"Mrs Kim?" You asked seeing the woman behind you looking at you with a wide smile.
"Woah! It's you." She said as you smiled bowing at her.
"How have you been?" You asked as she chuckled saying, "I've been... good! What about you? I heard you moved back in." 
You thinned your lips in embarrassment and said, "That's... I did." She chuckled and started walking with you as you 
"We moved closer to the neighbourhood right after you moved out. Since then, our families have had frequent hangouts. But we always missed you out! Now that you're back, we'll be meeting each other more often! I can't believe we're meeting after almost 3 years..." She said as you chuckled.

"True. I moved back in 10 days ago. It's a shame we couldn't meet. You should come more often with Taehyung." You said as she chuckled. 
"I don't get the time." She said as you giggled and replied, "What are you so busy with?" 
"Housework! Taking care of my 24-year-old kid who can't take care of himself." She replied as you laughed saying, "Honestly, I find it funny but I can't laugh. I had to move back anyway."
"Aigo... you all are still young. It's fine to be taken care of for some more time." She said as you smiled saying, "Just as always, Mrs Kim is the kindest!" 
"But I've been noticing for a while now. Why do you keep calling me Mrs Kim?" She asked as you scratched your neck saying, "I don't know what else to call you."

"Aigo... is that even a question? Just call me Eomeonim!" (어머님 Eomeonim is the best word to use when referring to other people's mothers). 

You chuckled at her response saying, "Okay! Eomeonim." She chuckled saying, "I wish I had a daughter. But all I have is this weird son who only knows how to study and hang out with Junho." You giggled.
"I honestly thought they both were dating." You said as she let out a loud laugh. You thinned your lips saying, "Sorry... did I just- sound too.."
"Ah no! It's fine. You know I'm not like those old mothers. I'm modern." She said as you giggled nodding. 

"Are you going home now?" You asked as she nodded saying, "Yeah."
"Let's go together then." You said as she nodded. You both walked towards the bus stand sitting there waiting for the bus. Soon, the bus arrived as you both got in.

---Time skip

"Mom!" Taehyung spoke getting in the house as Mrs Kim smiled saying, "You're back from University? Go freshen up. I made dinner." Taehyung chuckled nodding as he got inside his room. After a while, he came out and sat at the dining table with his mother as they sat to eat.
"Kimchi stew!" Taehyung spoke excited as his mother chuckled saying, "I made it for you. Eat up!"
"Oh... right! How did your appointment at the hospital go?" Taehyung asked as his mother said, "It was good. He checked my past reports and said I was improving." Taehyung smiled saying, "That's good then. Don't be sick! It upsets me."

"Alright, I won't." Mrs Kim smiled as they started eating. Suddenly, Mrs Kim spoke, "Ah.. I met Y/N today." making Taehyung's head shoot up.
"Y/N noona? Junho's elder sister?" Taehyung asked as Mrs Kim nodded chuckling.
"You seem to know her well." She said making Taehyung awkwardly cough as he said, "Oh... it's like, I know her! I saw her like once or twice before." 
"Oh, right! I saw her more than you." Mrs Kim said as Taehyung smiled asking, "What happened then?"

"Nothing much. We talked while walking together. It seems like her workplace is in that area as well. We took the bus together and she walked me home. I must say, she's so adorable. She's still so young and beautiful yet so adorable." Mrs Kim said as Taehyung bit his lips smiling.
"Why are you so happy?" Mrs Kim asked as Taehyung awkwardly adjusted his voice saying, "Ah.. nothing!" Mrs Kim eyed him before letting out a chuckle. She smiled looking at her son while eating.