Sam's secret.

Sam's POV:

I ran into a room (away from the boys) into the coach's office and I was about to stop my pump alarming when the door slammed shut, way too long after I had run in. Someone had walked in.

He had some kind of sweets i've seen before in one of the corner shops here, and a testing machine, it looked like the same one I had when I was younger.

"You're...diabetic?" The ginger kid started.

"Don't tell anyone-" I inturrupted him.

"So am I! How long have you had it for? Can you help me??" He immediately bounced up and down in excitement.

I sighed in relief and nodded my head. "First of all, I'm assuming your low right now, since you have that in your hand." I pointed to the sweets still in his hand.

"Oh yeah!" He looked at the sweets, and went bouncing to sit in the office chair. How can one be so hyper while low? Especially a baby diabetic.

I sat with my legs crossed up on the desk, as i saw him rip open the packet and eat one too many. All too relatable. "I've been diabetic since I was a few months old." I sighed.

"No way! So you must be so used to it!"

I leaned against the wall, and felt the cannula dislodge even more in my stomach. It hurt like a bitch. Wincing, i clutched at where it was, Hinata eyed me, then where my hand was.

"That looks like it's about to fall off," He stated.

"No shit, you're not the brightest are you?" I sighed.

"You should put a new one in." He finished.

"What are you? The diabetic team?" I laughed. Seeing his serious expression, I debated the option. "I'll do it when I get home." I decided.

"Do it here. It'll get more dislodged and won't deliver insulin." He smiled to himself after he finished the sentence.

"Yeah yeah, it's too much effort." I shushed him.

"Your feet will fall off and they'll have to stitch them back on if you don't," Hinata warned.

"Hah, they'd have to do that with prosthetics," I laughed.

He jumped back in horror. "I'm kidding!" I giggled. "I'll change it don't worry, stay put I'll be really quick. Shout if they go below three." I warned, getting up from my spot and opening the door.

I left as he nodded, and ran to grab my bag. It was on the bench, not where I had left it. I changed my cannula quickly, and got ready to head back.

I grabbed my bag and it felt heavier then before. The zip was still slightly open, so I could see a note stuck inside, and covering something else.

I unzipped the top as I started walking back to Hinata. The note looked like the Captain Daichi's handwriting.
"Considering you're diabetic, you don't seem to have much stuff for low sugars, so I put some in here, hope you like skittles, Noya had them and told us they're a british sweet!!
From the 3rd years (and Noya)"

Under the note was at least two share bags of skittles. Jackpot. 
I had literally finished the last of all my hypo treatment before I had even gotten to the volleyball gym, so coincedentally this was perfect timing.
(pt2)

A/n: Thank you to Mrbeansaysmagik  who wrote this section!

Hinata POV:

I was slightly surprised, but overall happy, because for the last five weeks, to be honest, I'd felt slightly isolated. So it was nice to have someone so experienced, who understood. My hands were slightly shaky, so I tapped them on the desk to distract myself. It took a few minutes for them to return, and when they did, they sat down.

"So did you get a new one?" I asked.

"Yeah, I did. Also I have some more sweets, so if you're still low, you can have some." I smiled brightly, they didn't have to ask, the answer was yes, and had a few, while chatting eagerly.

"So what are you putting in the report?" I beamed.

"I haven't got much yet bu-"

"Can you write about how cool my spikes are!?" I cut in.

"If they're cool enough, then sure."

I rolled my eyes "Of course they are!" I watched them smile, and push their hair from their face.

"So you told the team you were diabetic?" Sam questioned.

"Yeah," I paused. "No, wait, they didn't, they found out when I collapsed in practice."

"Oh, right. Of course. And you're fine about it?"

"Well of course, why wouldn't I be?"

"Well it took a lot of courage just for me to tell Noya and Tanaka."

I was a bit confused. "But why?"

"Well-" They paused in thought, and looked away. "When I was in the UK, people weren't the nicest about it. I mean, no proper hardcore bullying or anything, but people kind of treated me like I was separated from them. Of course, I was different, but I was still the same as the rest of them. And if they weren't unkind they were the dreaded helpful people, Who liked to check if I was doing okay, if my levels were okay, once every five seconds. Usually to make them feel better about themselves." They laughed slightly. "Sorry, I don't mean to go into a big talk about my feelings!"

I laughed too. "Wow if that ends up happening to me I'll die."

"The people here seem great at least. The blonde one was a bit rude, but apart from that, they were all nice."

"Haha, Tsukishima's often a bit of a rude cunt, it becomes a part of life after a while."

"Your levels back up?" Sam asked nicely.

"Yeah, they are. I better leave before my mum starts to worry."

"Okay! Well I'm going to be stuck here for a while on school news work, so see you at tomorrow's practice!"

"Bye!" I said. "Write about how cool all my spikes are!" I got up, and waved goodbye.

Sam rolled her eyes, but waved back too.
I thought to myself, while walking home, that if Sam was awkward about diabetes, I should be too. Should I be ashamed of it?

A/n:
Thanks again to Mrbeansaysmagik for all the amazing ideas and the help on this chapter. I hope you enjoyed this, please leave suggestions!!