I'm sorry

"Last match of the preliminaries!" Noya laughed, sprawling himself across the back row of the coach "You exited?"

"Just hoping there's no more drama.." Sam flicked through their camera, looking through old photos. "And please get up, before i sit on you." Sam took a seat next to Nishinoya, who was peering over their shoulder.

"Hey, why no photos of me!" Sam ignored his statement, instead turning to look at Hinata.

"You exited?"

"Yeah! I'll be fine, as long as the other teams don't cause any problems." Hinata said, also staring at Sam's photos.

"So Sam, your girlfriend going?" Tanaka grinned, placing a hand on their shoulder.

"Yeah." Sam smiled, but a look of disdain crossed their face, that only Hinata noticed.

"Did you guys get into a fight or something?" Shoyo asked.

"No, why would you think that?"

"You just seemed.. I don't know, not as exited."

"Shut up, I'm exited." They said, not unkindly.

The bus drove through Miyagi, rushing past the landscape. Full of nerves and excitement, the team chattered. In the preliminary finals, they were playing Shiratorizawa. Of course, Hinata was nervous, but he had learnt to shove it down, and save his feelings for after the game. All that mattered was nationals. That's what he needed to prove that diabetes hadn't ruined volleyball for him.

Breaking Hinata's train of thought, Daichi approached him, standing by his bus seat. "Hinata, blood sugar?" He huffed, but opened his phone anyway.

"4.8"

"Okay, good. Make sure you eat before the match. What did you have for breakfast?"

"Can't remember.."

"Think carefully"

"Fish or something.. and soup."

"Right, do you think that had enough carbs? Because neither of those-"

"Ask Sam this, not me.."

"Sam isn't playing an important volleyball game soon."

"Daichi, I promise you everything is perfect, I'm fine." Hinata frowned at him, letting Daichi know he was getting pissed off.

"Ah, okay." Daichi sighed, leaving Hinata alone.

"Hey, do you reckon we could disqualify Oikawa from volleyball for life for telling everyone about what happened to you at the beach?" Noya asked Hinata.

"Please don't make me think about Oikawa. I think I'd just like to avoid him for as long as possible, thanks."

"And talk to Sam about saving their camera battery for me!"

Sam smacked the back of his head, shutting him up.

As the coach drove into the arena car park, everyone swarmed to get off, rushing inside.
"Hey, Um, Shoyo.." Sam said quietly. "I need to go find Nayoku. Um, see you later?"

Hinata frowned at the anxious look on Sam's face. "Is everything alright..?"

"Yes, everything's fine.. I just need to talk to her."

"Okay, make sure you come and find us before the match."

Sam grimaced, and nodded. "Okay, see you later." They whispered, before they walked away, through a different entrance, a look of fear twisting their face

Sam POV: Mrbeansaysmagik

"Sam!" My girlfriend squealed as she saw me walking over to her.
She was wearing her purple vans, matching my converse. I was brought back to our third date, I had taken her to a shop I'd grown fond of over these past few months and she had been obsessed with Vans so I'd gotten converse in the same purple so we could match. Ironically, we both decided to wear them today.