☼ Beach day two ☼

Hinata POV:

"Sam!" I said, leaning my face up close to their camera. "Stop taking photos! Live in the moment!"

"I'll be living in the moment when I get rejected from uni because all my photos are shit." Sam responded, shoving my nose away from the lens. "Hah. I got a close-up of your blackheads."

"Hey! That's mean." I was walking backwards up the beach path, trying to push Sam's camera away from their face so I could actually see them.

"Hinata, don't fall for gods sake." Yamaguchi laughed, from the top of the slope.

"I won't!" I shouted, before running all the way to the top using my pent up energy. Sam was the opposite, they were slowly dragging themselves up the hill. "HURRY UP!"

"I'm not a fucking stamina machine like you..." Sam groaned, finally reaching the clan of teenagers. Sam was wearing a jacket and knee length shorts with their rash guard, which had managed to make both items of clothing damp. We found a little takeout, where we ordered a variety of things to share, and prayed that we could get back to the beach without dropping it all. I piled half my stuff onto Sam, because I was trying to test my blood sugar, while holding takeout. Sam chewed into a piece of pork, facial expression staying monotone.

"It's good, but it doesn't beat fish and chips."

"What the hell is that?" Tendou said, having overheard our convo.

"Exactly what it sounds like. You'd probably be having that for lunch if you were in the UK, there are a lot of chippies near the sea."

Tendou looked slightly confused. "Take me to the UK so I can have some one day." He muttered, before going back to pestering Ujishima. The sun was hot on our necks, and some of the boys in front of us were loudly singing some type of indie pop song. Sam tried to dump half of their things back onto me, because I put my monitor back into my bag.

"Don't have a fucking hypo, Daichi will go panic mode." He mumbled, tired from trying to balance his takeout.

"I'm fine! 5.7." I grinned at him. "All good."

"Ugh, I should not have put my jacket on, now it's damp, and lukewarm."

"Haha, be smart like me and wear a T-shirt."

"That's not smart."

"I am a genius!" I said, spinning around, and dipping quickly to catch the boxes I almost dropped. Sam sighed in annoyance. They pushed their hair out of their face, and looked down at their shoes. We took the rocky path back down to the beach, thankfully none of the food had been destroyed. It was not a windy day, so setting up a picnic on the blankets some of the older boys had packed was no problem. After about three educational talks from different coaches about how we should not be having alcohol, we got to eat. Johzenji and Aoba Johsai walked off the court eventually, complaining about the sand making it difficult, and the fact Sam wasn't taking photos of them for their instagrams. Someone was playing music pretty loud though, so we didn't catch much of it. They were swapped out for Shiratorizawa and Nekoma, who were happy to be playing, but annoyed at missing lunch, as they knew those who had just come off the court would devour anything they saw.

Oikawa walked over to me, Sam, Bokuto, Akaashi, Noya and Tanaka's picnic blanket. From the annoyed talk I heard from Iwazumi that morning, I knew he was trying to make up with Sam. He had seen the photo of Bokuto with the butterfly on his social media profile, along with some of him playing volleyball, and noticed it would be amazing for resumes and applications.

"Heyy...." He said awkwardly. "So, I notice you have fried pork, looks nice.. have you taken diabetes....injection for that..?" He chuckled awkwardly, looking at me, trying to engage friendly conversation.