Start of new term

Hinata POV: Timeskip to next morning.

Hi. My name is Hinata Shoyo. I have constellations along my fingertips. They haven't made me a stronger person, like all my mum's friends say, they've made my life shit. That is why I am on a heap at the bottom of the staircase right now. I'll explain how I got here. Yesterday, I collapsed in a cave, and for the rest of the day, I was pretty wiped out. I fell asleep as soon as I got into bed, and Kageyama Tobio gave me my long acting insulin. He didn't know how much I needed though. He made a fun guess of 45 units. My dosage is 24. I woke up, tried to walk down to breakfast, and that's how I ended up at the bottom of a staircase. Fun timeskip, the whole team is getting yelled at for making a wild guess on how much insulin I needed. I couldn't hear it though, I was on the common room sofa with Sam pretty much shoving a straw in my face, forcing me to drink orange juice. More adventures I suppose? Anyway, not the point of this chapter. Today, we were leaving to go home, back to Karasuno.

Leaving was pretty painful to be honest. We were all leaving at the same time, so everyone was having a big "goodbye, I'll miss you, let's call every day, I'd say see you at nationals but you aren't talented enough, teleport to Tokyo to do my photography" type farewell session. Bokuto was crying like a baby at leaving. He was annoyed he only had like two hundred photos Sam took of him. To be honest, Sam looked pretty glad to leave, even though I knew they enjoyed it. I think their social battery had long since died.

Back on our own bus, we went to the back again, same old layout. As many of us as we could fit managed to pile into the back, which was pretty much flooded with hot sunlight. It was half past eight, and none of our eyes could really cope with the sun right now. The way back usually feels a lot shorter than the way there, and it was less chaotic too, as we were all so tired out. Even Noya slept for a while. I was really pissed at Kageyama, because my long acting was repeatedly giving me hypos, meaning I couldn't sleep properly. Luckily, I had Sam on duty to wake me up if I went low.

Sam's POV: (Mrbeansaysmagik )

"You're weird." Noya pointed at my shirt as we all left the mini-bus. His hands in his hoodie as he shivered.

"It's too hot; leave me alone midget." I answered, not sparing even a glance at him. Shoyo followed close behind me in a daze.

"You're all dismissed to go straight home." Ukai announced over the heads of tired teenagers.

They all sighed in relief and immediately started walking up the hill.
"Get on my back!" I turned to Shoyo.

"What?" He panicked.

"You're too low to walk." I pointed out, eyeing his shaking legs.
He sighed and jumped on my back and I had to run to catch up with the cult of teenagers.

Walking home was pretty quiet, Daichi insisted he could carry Shoyo, but I lived closest to him coincidentally, so he stopped insisting after a while.
Noya and Tanaka were too tired to even shout, which I found quite unsettling.

I felt my sugars start to drop, but they were high last time I checked so they'd be fine.

Shoyo fell asleep with his chin ontop of my head, right ontop of the small ribbon I had put in to hold my bangs back this morning.

Luckily he didn't drool, and he was light enough to carry all the way to his drive.
By then I had to put him down, since Natsu was at my feet excitedly telling me about her day.

Within the months I'd known Shoyo, his sister had already taken a liking to me.

"Do you need a lift back, dear?" Ms Hinata asked.
"I live 10 minutes away I'll be okay, thank you though." I smiled to her.
Shoyo dragged his little sister inside, and I waved them goodbye and set off to my own home.

The corner shop was taunting me as I crossed the street. I had spare change I robbed off of Noya.
Next thing I found myself inside, looking at the energy drinks.

I picked a mango loco monster, and a few sweets and paid.

It was already quater past nine by the time I reached home, and I crashed right onto the sofa. I fell asleep, with my totally a lap dog led across my chest.

No POV:  Timeskip to the start of September term, but we're in a time loop so they don't age up because I said so.

"One moment I-" Mrs Goodman left Hinata in the doorway. Hinata could hear her annoyed voice in the room upstairs, but she was speaking English, so he wasn't completely certain on what she was saying. Hinata held his hand to his face. It was half past seven, and the hot sun was already struck down on his face. A few minutes later, Sam came running down their steps, hair even more messy than it was usually, tie not even done up, and a suspiciously light looking bag.

"Hi!" They gasped, half laughing.

"You better not of been high on caffeine at a stupid hour." Hinata groaned.

"No. Noya was drunk, and kept on trying to prank call me, but it didn't work, and I think he fell down the stairs or something on FaceTime."

"He was drunk on the first evening before school!?"

"To be honest," Sam paused, using their right thumbnail to scratch dirt out of under their left. "I don't know, but it would of been funny if I wasn't absolutely exhausted."

The two of them took the hill up to school, via Ukai's convenience, because not only was Sam low, Sam was also tired, and in desperate need of caffeine. Hinata waved goodbye to them, and sloped into morning lessons, where people were already shouting, full of energy, not even slightly tired. He rubbed his eyes slightly, and walked over to Kageyama.

"Why didn't you want to meet me to practice!?" Hinata groaned.

"I don't know! I had more fun things to be doing."

"You don't have a life, Kageyama, what else would you be doing!? And what's more fun than volleyball!?" Hinata sat down, and threw his head back, yawning.

Lessons were boring, Hinata didn't listen to much of it, but at break he had volleyball, which he pretty much flew to get to.

It was an okay practice, but everyone was slightly slow after being away from each other for weeks. At the end of practice, they discussed the upcoming preliminaries for nationals. Sam would be allowed to miss lessons to do photography, as technically, it was for school.

Sam POV: very short timeskip.

I walked through the halls, seeing Noya and Tanaka led across the cold floor. They both looked exhausted.
I threw my bag next to them and made myself comfortable.
"I told you, drinking the night before school was a shit idea." I laughed, leaning my back against the radiator.

"When have we ever listened to you?" Noya asked.

"Maybe if I start giving you bad advice you'll start being good?" I teased back.

Tanaka groaned as we heard voices grow louder.
"Tanaka!" A voice screamed.

"Not you.." He sighed, rubbing his temples.

"I thought we were forever! And now you're off with that American kid!?"

"I'm extremely offended you think I'm American." I added.

"Woah woah what?" Noya sat up too quickly, staring at the two of us.

"I'm into girls." I stated. "I'm going by Tanaka's word that he's not a girl."
I saw Keishin and Takeda in the corner of my eye and made my escape. I'd let Tanaka deal with his recent summer fling on his own.

"Backstabber!" I heard Tanaka yell at me as I ran off.
I ducked through chattering groups and barged through the basketball team.
I ignored their obnoxious shouting and continued through the zoo of teenagers.