Preliminaries 4!

No POV:

"No way? So you're about to go and play just now?" Nayoku leant on the wall, sat on a bench in the Aoba changing rooms. She wasn't supposed to be there, but the room was empty, apart from her and Watanabe. "That's so cool!"

"I mean, I'm just a substitute, I can't take all the credit."

"No way! You're a setter right? You're so much more talented than Oikawa." Nayoku's voice was practically drenched in sarcasm, but it just wouldn't get through Watanabe's thick ego. "Well, that's if they gave you a chance. I mean, you just have so much talent they're all just ignoring you."

"Are they?" Watanabe suddenly questioned.

"I mean, yeah. I've been at all the matches, and I've never seen you on court. Which is a shame, because I know you deserve to be there, so now's just an easy chance to show how great you are!"

"Yeah, yeah it is!"

"Anyway, I have some friends in the stands, and I got to go chat to them, but catch you later, yeah? We can chat after you win!"

"Yeah, see you then!"

Nayoku quickly left the room, and went back to Sam's bench.
They glanced up at her. "One day, security is going to wonder what the hell you're doing on the court and kick you out."

"You'll have to defend me if that ever happens." Nayoku grinned.

"Anyway, what happened with what'shisname?"

"Oh, him." Nayoku laughed. "Minato Watanabe. I didn't even have to do anything, he'll embarrass himself without needing to be prompted."

"How sad." Sam chuckled. "And if he doesn't, I'm pretty sure Noya and Tanaka are there to make up for it anyway."

"I'm genuinely worried for them sometimes."

"Aren't we all."

The conversation ended quickly however, because the match re-started. A weak hit from Watanabe got just over the net, but was quickly hit back by Hinata, just to hit the floor on Aoba's side of the net. As the match went on, Watanabe got angrier and angrier. His volleyball skills really weren't showing, and his teammates started to avoid letting him play at all. Those in the stands could spot his frustration, as he was starting to aggravate his teammates with complaints.

"You're not taking me seriously!" He said angrily. "I fuck up sometimes, okay? And you're acting like I can't do anything!"

Most of them tried to ignore him, but he was almost impossible to deal with. Five minutes in, Iwazumi cracked. "Alright, you need to calm down, and re-think your strategy. You keep picking moves with too much confidence and it's fucking us all up."

"Well, It'd be a lot easier if you all actually understood me!" He said angrily.

Upon hearing this, Sam snorted with laughter the other side of the court.

"I told you I didn't have to do anything!" Nayoku laughed.

"Quick- quick shut up he's looking this way-" Sam said quickly. "Just act like you've just gone off him."

"I don't need to act." Nayoku said, but still, gave Watanabe a disappointed smile, which he noticed, and scowled at the floor.

The game continued, and after another stupid decision from Watanabe he heard another player behind him. "Oh, for fucks sake.." Kunumi muttered.

Finally, he'd given up on trying to behave well. "Oh fuck off, this entire team just has a huge problem with me! Like literally for all the matches I've been off court, despite the fact that Oikawa's knees only just finished from the last break, and something like this was bound to happen, and now I'm actually trying to help, you're all acting pissed!" The game had stopped, and everyone had turned to listen to his complaints. "You're all out here, embarrassing me, acting like I don't matter!"