Fixing things

Sam's POV:

I stepped off the bus and stuffed my hands into my pockets as raim started trickling down. The sun was just beginning to set, and my phone was vibrating every ten seconds. I took it out to turn it off, and paused when I read the contact.

My fav babe (Nayuko)

I'm sorry for how I overreacted, can we talk?

My fav babe (Nayoku)

I'll be waiting at that coffee place for 7

I read the messages over and over, running back to the bus stop. I bought another ticket and sat down. It was already 7:02 the coffee place was 10 minutes away.

Sam Goodman

HI LOVE IM SO SORRY IM ON THE BUS NOW ILL BE 10 MINUTES XXX

I looked at the messages I'd sent to Shoyo.

Sam Goodman

I'm so sorry Shoyo, can we talk?

Sam Goodman

I'm so sorry Shoyo, please text me back.

Shoyo Hinata is typing...

I sat watching my phone as his bitmoji showed him typing. My stomach dropped as he went offline.

No POV:

The rain was now pouring, and it was getting dark, yet the warm light inside Coffee Shibuya glowed bright, reflecting off the waterlogged pavement. Sam rushed inside, eyes darting around, searching desperately for a sight of Nayoku. They quickly spotted her, tucked away in a corner. Sam smiled, as they saw her, bundled up in a thick jumper, knees tucked into her chest. They approached her, giving a little wave. Nayoku looked up from her laptop, studying as usual, and gave a little wave back

"Nayoku.." They said, removing their coat, sitting down opposite her. They took a moment to appreciate the warm, drying out their wet clothes. Sam took a deep breath. "Nayoku, love.." They began. "Um, y-you look lovely.."

"Sam, I don't want to break up."  Nayoku cut in. Her dark eyes were serious, staring deep into Sam's mind.

Sam let out a frustrated sigh "I know, and I love you so much, but I'm going to the UK, and I don't know if long distance-"

"Sam, please let me speak." Sam nodded nervously, as she took a deep breath. "A month ago, got accepted to Cambridge. I didn't say anything because you were so fucked with diabetes and volleyball and I forgot to say yesterday, because I was overwhelmed and-"

"Wait, what?" Sam gaped. "Nayoku!?"

"I'm good at school, and everything, plus I'm looking into a career in the Law, in the UK, so.. um.. a year ago I was advised to apply for Cambridge, and I got in.. So, really it's only six months without me, until the next english school term starts.."

"Nayoku!" Sam let out a relieved laugh. "Oh my gosh.." instantly, Sam pulled her in for a kiss. It would have been romantic, if Sam's CGM alarm didn't start blaring mid-kiss. "I need to switch that off.." They muttered, annoyed.

Nayoku pulled away. "I'll buy you something to eat." She said softly, standing up, gently treading down to the coffee bar. Sam leaned their head back, flooded with relief (and dizziness.) Sam took a moment to close their eyes, get their breath back. This was all too much for them, trying to comprehend all this while low.

Thankfully, Nayoku showed up a minute later, with coffee and hot cookies. "Hope this is enough to bring you up.." They murmured, kissing the top of Sam's fluffy hair "Now don't try and distract me with all your funny romance games... I have revision to do.."