☼ Beach day one ☼

Sam's POV: brief timeskip.

The coach was slightly different to most. It didn't have rows, but seats scattered, around tables, grouped.
We all filed into the coach slowly, I caught a glimpse of Oikawa and Iwazumi being the last two on, they stayed at the front, but I had a clear view, even from the back.

"Why's he on the coach anyways?" Shoyo whispered as he also glanced at Oikawa at the same time, all while we sat down at the back. "Since you two fought, I don't think it'd be a sensible idea..."

"I'm not going to kill him on a coach, Shoyo." I sighed.
Noya and Tanaka bounced over to us, snatching the seats next to us like the energetic little shits they are.
Kuroo and Kozume were also on our coach, as well as Yaku. They sat oposite us and Tsukki reluctantly sat in between Tanaka and Kuroo.

Five minutes after the coach driver started driving, someone was playing eminem in the middle of the coach.

Then they somehow had smuggled a ball, and was throwing it to one another. It reminded me slightly of school back home.
As much as I hated my hometown, I couldn't help but miss it sometimes.
Sometimes. Not often.

I was dragged out of my moment by my phone vibrating in my pocket.
Someone was facetiming me, I answered it without checking the ID, my best friends from back home were on the other side.
"You finally answered! O.M.G I've got so much to tell you!" One yelled into the phone. The others were in the background.
A ball flew right behind my head.
"Are you kidding!?" My dance friend sighed. "You're surrounded by those hot volleyball guys in Tokyo and you didn't think to tell us!?" They whined, playfully.

"I've been busy, remember." I sighed, pushing a waving Kuroo out of frame, I got up and found a seat next to a window, alone.

I ended up talking to my friends for the next hour, with little appearances of some of the guys every now and again. Which my dance friend screenshotted each time one would appear randomly.

No POV:

"HI SAM'S FRIENDS!" Hinata yelled down Sam's phone.

"Hinata, they don't speak Japanese." Sam laughed.

"Oh, I'm shit at English. Oh well."

"Sam!" Someone from over the screen said. "Introduce us to everyone."

"Um.. okay." Sam turned around. "GUYS MY UK FRIENDS WANT TO SEE YOU!" Everyone seemed to get the signal to scramble for the phone.

"ONE AT A TIME. SIT DOWN." Daichi yelled, from near the front of the bus.

"THANK YOU!" Sam gratefully smiled.

"Mmnkay." Sam sighed. "This is Hinata..." They started. Hinata waved madly. Sam went around half the bus, introducing some team members. Their friends made comments about who was the most attractive, hoping they didn't speak enough English to understand. "Um, this isn't everyone, we're split into like a few buses." Sam laughed. "But we'll be there in like a quarter of hour and Bokuto is-" They elbowed Tanaka in the face to stop him from butting into the conversation. "Trying to talk to me every three seconds."

"Okay! Text me photos of topless volleyball boys!" One said. They rolled their eyes, and hung up the phone. The air from the open windows started to smell salty, and hot, faint gull sounds could be heard. Sam took a natural, splitsecond photo of Hinata's 1/4 visible profile, looking out of the windows, looking at the plants drying from the sun, and coastal houses. His hair shimmered under the hot Japanese sun, and his hand covered about a third of his face, a second third being shadowed over, leaving one last section to be kissed by the sun.

"No way! I can smell the beach!" Hinata said in excitement. He laughed excitedly.

"It's not like you've never been to the beach.." Kageyama groaned. "Idiot.."

"Shut up! I'm too happy for you to be mean to me."

Sugawara was now gently rubbing sunscreen into Daichi's face. "I can do it myself.." the captain groaned.

"You'd probably find a way to get it into your eyes or something. Now let me do your neck you mug." Daichi obediently tipped up his chin.

"Okay everyone." Nekowata, the coach overlooking us said. "We'll be there in ten minutes or so. It would be a good idea to follow the example of Karasuno's captain and deputy and put on suncream." Daichi put his hand over his eyes in embarrassment, and leant back, stopping Suga from massaging more into his neck. Sam loaded the camera into its case, and hung it over their shoulder.

"LOOK! THE SEA!" Hinata yelled. There it was, shimmering blue, with a sandy yellow beach too. It had a couple of people down on it, but it was not crowded. The last 5 minutes was filled mainly with people throwing bags at eachother, and wrestling to get to the front of the bus. They all dashed to get off, as they were the last group. Sam took yet another nice photo, of the group of boys, only the back of their heads visible, running towards the others.
The beach was surrounded by dry, green bushes and cliffs, but a steep coastal path lead down to the beach got them down okay. Some of the guys instantly tore their shirts off, and cheered.

"No one move." Coach Ukai groaned. "We'll have two teams at a time on the beach court. The rest of you can mess about, and go get lunch if you want. Plenty of stores, cafes and takeouts in town. You're teenagers, I should be able to rely on you not to do anything mental."

"Okay," Irihata continued. "Let's have Aoba Johsai and Johzenji on the court. Rest of you, don't kill eachother."

Sam saw Yachi covering her eyes, stood by another coach, so they made theirway towards her.
"Is Kiyoko too pretty for your eyes to handle?" They asked jokingly, she elbowed me in return.

"Sam!" Shoyo yelled a few feet away. "Come on! I wanna get to the sea before Kageyama!"

"Okay," they laughed, and ran towards to sea. They dragged Yachi with them, and threw their clothes onto a towel, and ran into the sea.

They let go of her hand, and jumped onto Noya's back, making him fall face first into the chest-high salt water.
He scrambled to get away and wacked them over the head once he stood back up. His hair dripped over his face, he looked like a literal child.
Shoyo basically screamed once he saw Noya's kiddy appearance.

"OH MY GOD!" Sam laughed. "That's why you wear your hair so tall!"

"SHUT UP!" He said, throwing water over all of them.

"WHAT DID I SAY ABOUT NOT DOING ANYTHING MENTAL!? Ukai shouted from the sand.

"SORRY!" A chorus of teenagers responded, but they didn't exactly stop attacking eachother. While the annoyed Kageyama was being splashed pretty harshly, and Yachi was being thrown around by the waves, Hinata walked over to Sam.

"Don't tell me your pump is underwater..." Hinata murmured.

"No! Obviously not. I took it off at the end of the bus trip. My cannula is under my rash-guard." Sam was wearing a black rash guard with their swimming shorts.

Hinata threw a huge wave of water over Sam. "So I can splash you without concern?"

"HEY!" Sam was thrown underwater by Hinata's mad splash, but dragged him so he was thrown underwater too.
Plenty of other people joined them in the sea, who were mainly chasing each other around on each other's shoulders. After a while, dragged themselves out, deciding to go into town to find something to eat.

"Tendou, if you didn't want a sopping wet shorts and hoodie, why throw yourself into the sea?" Ujishima asked Tendou, who decided to stay in his day clothes when throwing himself into the sea. Sam took a photo of Ujishima's confused face, and Tendou's carefree one. The sunlight here was beautiful, a soft orange and all of the photographs were phenomenal. Sam was proud of them. Another was clicked of Sugawara on the beach slope, wearing his sunglasses. Sam was scared they'd have too many photos to sort out when they got home.