Wait, Sam actually has friends?

No POV: Timeskip next day.

"Ughh, where are you!?" Sam said, recording a message to Hinata. They had been stood outside of their house for the past ten minutes. "You know, how much effort does it take to get out of bed on time, like I know I don't always wake up when my alarm rings, but I don't take a billion years." Sam pushed their fringe out of their face. "Actually, know what, I'm going round to yours. You better be ready by the time I get there." They ended the recording, and put their phone in their pocket. They did a fast walk to Hinata's, arriving in five minutes, and knocked on the door pretty harshly. When there was no repsonse, they knocked on the door again.

"Hello!? Shoyo, Ms. Hinata?" They said loudly, and then groaned in frustration. They pushed down on the door handle and to their suprise, the door was already open. "Hi?" Sam started to worry Hinata had just left to go to school without them. They looked around the hall, not seeing anyone. At this point, a typical person would just assume he had gone to school without picking them up, but something didn't feel right. "Hello?" They called again. A soft sniffling sound could be heard in the kitchen. "Is someone there? Sho?" There was a quiet gasp sound, like someone was trying to talk, but couldn't. Sam dumped their bag, and ran into the kitchen. Hinata was slumped against one of the kitchen cabinets, in a Cookie Monster onesie. He had both hands on the ground, clearly the only thing keeping him sat up. Hinata's eyes took a moment to meet Sam's, as he was just staring at the ground for a few moments before noticing they were there. His eyes opened slightly wider, surprised to see Sam. He didn't smile, or cry or anything, although you could tell he had done, from the red circles rimming his eyes, which looked pretty clear on his paled skin. A cup, spilling water everywhere was on the ground, but thankfully it was not broken, as it was plastic.

"Holy fuck are you alright!?" Hinata proceeded to nod at them, facial expression not changing. "Right, stupid question, you clearly aren't."

"Hm." He mumbled, as if they had said something interesting or meaningful.

"Hinata!?"

"Mm'nmerr..."

"Where the fuck is your monitor?" He didn't respond to that. Sam grabbed Hinata's phone, and took his hand to press down on the home button. They found his CGM app, but the number was too high to get a proper reading. After a bit of searching, a monitor was found in his school bag, which then they quickly tested him. His eyes scrunched up in shock when his finger was pricked, which was the first emotion he actually showed Sam that morning. Hinata started to slope down the ground, but Sam pretty much forced him to stay up. "I don't want to tell your mum you died from aspiration..." They muttered, clicking their fingers in nervousness waiting for the result. "Thirty point two.." Sam whispered. Hinata didn't really react. His head was leant on Sam's shoulder, and his eyes were fixed on the floor. Sam would probably be able to deal with this by themselves, but they remembered Hinata was fairly new to this, so he was quite weakened down.
They tried to call his mum using his phone a few times, but no response, so instead they decided to just stay here and miss a day of school.

He was lifted easily, as Sam was very tall, and taken over to the sofa. Sam leant his head up on the arm rest, preventing him from suffocating, because he only seemed slightly conscious. The look of shock faded, he now looked really exhausted. Thankfully, his insulin pen was in his bag, so they fetched it, and unzipped his onesie. He shivered slightly, but Sam didn't notice. He seemed a bit annoyed to leave the warmth of his onesie, but he didn't protest. He was given nineteen units, and Sam quickly zipped up his onesie again, because he was shivering.
"So how did this happen, huh?" They mumbled softly. Hinata's eyes scanned the room slowly, taking a while to answer.

"Mndon't know..."

Sam bit the inside of their cheek, worried. "Okay, I'll cook you some eggs. I don't want you having any carbs right now. Stay where you are, keep your head propped up.