Volleyball Camp.

Hinata POV: reflection.

Everything was okay in the end. Sam got out of hospital, they were fine. We talked a bit about insulin shock together. It didn't make me feel much better, but at least I knew what to expect. Diabetes was a part of my life by then, and I wasn't sure if I was happy about it. It felt easier, sure, but I didn't want it to be part of my life. I wished it was easier. Everyone else I know, apart from Sam of course, doesn't have to deal with this, so why was I? And obviously, Sam had coped with this for as long as they could remember. They didn't know life without insulin. I was a baby to this.

Mum had been concerned about me since my panic attack. She had a wake up call to the affects diabetes was having on me mentally. Mum started to talk about it all with me more often. She sometimes helped me take insulin. Natsu learned about my diabetes. She doesn't like medical stuff, but she was brave about it. Through all this, diabetes felt like a part of the day, quite normal at that point.

Present.

I was sat in the front seat with mum. I had to go to my first appointment for diabetes with her. I missed the last lesson of the day, which was lucky, but I didn't know if what was coming was better. I was sort of nervous, to be honest. We parked in the hospital's car park, and I climbed out of the car. From where I was stood, I could see the window of the room I once stayed in.

"You okay, my lovely?" Mum said kindly. I had zoned out without realising.

"Yeah." I sighed. "Let's go." I followed mum to the children's outpatients. A sign I saw read said Please close the door, to prevent the children escaping. My mind filled itself with children trying to escape their appointments and blood tests, and laughed internally. We sat down for a while, waiting for someone to come and talk to us. After maybe five minutes, someone had to measure my height and weight. I had a blood test, and then sat down for some more time. I was told I had to go and see my consultant. I thought those were only for old men and middle aged women with hip problems, you learn something new every day.

"So! Shoyo. How are you managing." I really didn't feel like speaking to this woman.

"Fine."

"So your levels really have been quite good lately! You've gotten good control."

I nodded. "Thanks.."

"And your HBA1C is almost ideal now!" I wasn't sure what that was. She kept on telling me what a good job I was doing, but I kind of zoned out.

"So you do a lot of sport, don't you?" The woman said. I gave her the same half hearted nod. "So that means you're eligible for us to fund your CGM." I remembered that word, it was what Sam had. It sent signals to their phone, with their blood sugar levels. Maybe that would help. "Would you be interested in that?"

"Mhm." I said quietly.

"Okay, we just need your mother to sign a few things to get you one of those." She smiled. I didn't listen to much of the rest. I had to see a psychologist about my mental health, and then went for an eye scanning. Somehow, my eye vessels weren't damaged from the months I went without insulin.

Mum drove us home. "So Sho! That went well didn't it! We can get you one of those tag things can't we."

"Yeah." I said. I wasn't sure if it went well, but I was happy that it could be easier for me if I had a cgm. We drove down to Natsu's school, and she hopped in the back. Usually, she'd get the bus, but we thought we may as well pick her up as we were on route.

"You want me to drop you back at Karasuno for volleyball sweetheart?" Mum asked.

"Okay." Even if I was tired, volleyball was the ultimate thing to spend my time doing.

A voice in the back of the car squeaked "Can I go to?"

"I don't know if you could jump high enough!" I laughed, imagining Kageyama trying to toss to little Natsu.

It only took 5 minutes of driving, before we reached the school. I thanked my mum, and climbed out. I was five minutes late, but I would probably be okay. I waved goodbye, and climbed out. The changing room was empty, so I changed alone, before going out into the court.

"Hinata! You're late." Ukai called to me, while I was jogging over to the group.

"Sorry! I just got back from an appointment." I responded

"Oh,then that's okay." I smiled at him, then sat down next to Kageyama. "Okay, so I don't want to keep you all here for too long, but during the summer, which is two weeks away, we are attending a volleyball camp at Aoba Johsai." An exited ripple of murmurs went across the crowd. "The schools attending are...." He paused, and took a sheet from Takeda. "Aoba Johsai, Nekoma, Date tech, Fukurodani, Shiratorizawa...." he read out a few more schools, before sighing. "All your parents have been emailed the sign up forms, this is not compulsory. Just after my exitement, I suddenly felt anxious. What if I wasn't allowed to go. I tapped Sam's back, who was just in front of me. They turned around, and smiled.

"Hey, Did your appointment go okay?" They whispered.

"Yeah." I took a breath. "Do you reckon I'd still be allowed to go?"

"Yeah! Of course."

"But what if I'm not."

"You will. I'm going."

"Ohh! Okay."

Training was good. I didn't have any lows, and I beat Tsukishima in a drill. Me, Sam, Kageyama and Noya walked home together, and I finally arrived back home.

"Mum!" I said, as soon as I opened the door. "Can I go to volleyball camp!?" I walked into the kitchen, where mum was on her laptop, sat on the counter. She looked up, and pulled off her reading glasses.

"Are you sure you're ready?" She asked, concerned. "I mean, all this is still very new to you."

"Mum! Of course I am." I laughed. "And Sam's with me, and they'll know what to do if I don't!" Mum gave me a look, but was still smiling.

"Okay then. Dinner's going to be late tonight, I'm super busy at work at the moment."

"Okay, love you mum."

"Love you." She put her glasses back on, and looked back at her laptop.

A/n. Short chapter, sorry! Please leave suggestions <33