10

Rory's POV -
Adrienne's finally back! These three days without her were fun with Eddie, but she left me with him! To develop a motherfucking crush on him. I had it lightly before, but I've stayed up late at night thinking about it. And working out my brain. And it has decided to have a crush on my best friend's brother. Who is also a good friend. And my sister's crush. And the whole of the schools female population's crush. And there is no reason for him to pick me. Definitely over Isabella, but some of those girls are great. And he's probably straight. Statisticly he's most likely straight. But he is most probably not homophobic due to Emmet and Russell and all, so that's good. That also separates him from Gen X. He's okay with the gays. And the bis. And probably the trans. And non-binaries. And asexuals. And aromantics. And the pans. And all the other letters in the acronym. Hopefully. But he won't be any letters, cuz he's straight. And I'm not. And I like him. Romantically. So that's fun.

Adrienne turns up on her bike at the normal time. I get mine and we ride to school together. Once we get there, early, I ask her, "How are you?"
"Hmm? Oh, good. It's been a long three days with my godamn doctor father forcing me in bed, and using his wife, the stubbornist mother I've met, to keep me in."
"My mom is mentally barely any older than me. But I know what your talking about with stubborn parents and bed rest. She will not let you out until the temperatures down or she deems you not sick enough to get out."
"I wish my ex-mother was good like that."
"What?"
"My memories of her are muddy, but what little I do remember, she wasn't like Esme. Or your mom. She didn't love me, or my father. He died in war. Then Carlisle adopted me. Esme then came along and I had a mother. And then siblings."
"I'm sorry."
"I have a good family. And so do you, except Isabella."
"Yeah. I think she slashed my old bikes tyres."
"That bitch!"
"Eh. This one's nice. It's a great replacement."
"Hell yeah."
"I had a good sister once. Well, she wasn't my sister technically. She was my best friend. Her name was Amy. She's gone. You remind me of her a little."
"I'm sorry, you wanna talk about it?"
"Not now. But at some point I will. Just not right this second."
"Okay. Just know you can speak to me when you're ready."
"Thanks."
She puts an arm around my shoulder and i lean into her hug. We stay in comfortable silence until we have to leave for class.

AN- Look at this. After three months we have 2 updates in a day. Don't get used to it.
Also, I was writing this whilst watching Grey's Anatomy. And Callie kissed a girl. We love bi representation! I can name 3 canonically bi characters and she's one of them, the others being Rosa Diaz (b99) and Britney S. Pierce (Glee). So particularly as Grey's Anatomy is a pretty popular show, so seeing someone like me is great.
And this author's note is kinda long so, have a great day and drink lots of water. And don't stay up till 3am reading fanfic (I know you Wattpaders!)
- Liv