45

AN- So, I tried to write this as them in the hospital but decided just to do a time skip. He can't speak and has weakness in his legs, so uses crutches.

Edward's POV-
It's Rory's first day back from hospital. Esme made cake, with the help of Alice. Only Addy and I are here so that we don't overwhelm him, though. Charlie's taking him home from the hospital. We're sitting in the kitchen as the two come in, and it hurts me to see Rory on his crutches, his legs failing him.
"Welcome home, love," I tell him, walking over to hug him.
"Hey," he taps out on my arm, before sitting down on the sofa. Charlie sits next to him.
"We bring cake," Addy says, wielding a knife and plates.
"Are you sure you should be allowed with a knife?" Rory asks, using the new text to speech app on his phone.
"Yes!" She says, affronted. He raises an eyebrow and she rolls her eyes.
"This is not the most dangerous thing I've ever held."
"Excuse me?" Charlie asks her, and the realisation crosses her face that the Chief of Police is in the room.
"I mean, um, I used to fence. With swords. And do air rifles. With my dad."
"Your dad, Dr Carlisle Cullen?"
"Yes?"
"Due to the fact that you are my son's friend and I believe that you are joking, I will let it go."
"Thank you, Mr Chief Swan."
"Addy, the cake," I remind her so she doesn't accidentally incriminate herself again.
"Yes. Cake. Okay, big slice for Rory. Big slice for Charlie. Two crumbs for Edward-"
She's interrupted by Rory lightly hitting her leg with one of his crutches.
"Fine. Full slice for Neddy boy."
I smile when Rory gets cake on his cheek.
What? He mouths, and I point to his cheek. He grins, putting his hand on my cheek, purposefully smearing chocolate icing on my cheek.
"Now we match," he tells me, through his app. I laugh and kiss his forehead. In the corner of my eye, I see Charlie smile. Addy promptly pretends to throw up, and Rory throws a cushion at her. It barely hits her, but she still gently throws it back with fake agression, but with clear conciousness of the fact he is still weak from his stay in the hospital.

"Well I'm gonna go," Addy says after about half an hour, "I lost a bet and now Alice is redesigning wardrobe, so we're going shopping with Rosalie."
"Good luck," Rory tells her, giving her a thumbs up.
"Thanks. I am going to need it."
"I'm telling Alice you said that," I warn her, smirking.
"Don't you dare."
"What are you going to do about it?"
"With the items I have at my disposal, you will be begging me to stop."
"I thought you said you were leaving?"
A honk coming from outside causes Addy to hurry out, giving Rory a fist bump on the way out.
"If your okay Rory, I need to go and do paperwork. I'll just be in my office upstairs, so give me a yell if you need anything," Charlie tells him anxiously.
"I'll be fine, dad. Plus, I have Edward."
"Are you sure?"
"Go."
"Love you, kid," he says, side hugging his son, before getting up. Almost as an afterthought, he tells us, "and remember, no funny business."
Rory throws the same cushion that he did at Addy and buries his face in my chest.
"Don't worry sir. Doors will stay open," I tell him as Rory cringes.
"Good, good."
After he leaves, I look down at Rory.
"Love, you can't hide there forever," I tell him, kissing the top of his head. He looks up at me and kisses my cheek before turning to his phone. Seconds later, I hear, "Can you take me to my room?"
"Are you sure? Your dad said no funny business," I joke and he shoves me, but his weak arms can't move me an inch. He turns his phone volume down incase his dad hears and tells me, "fuck you and your vampire strength and your perfect chest of steel."
"You think it's perfect?"
"I hate you."
"You typed it, not me."
He crosses his arms and turns away from me. Standing up, I pick him up bridal style, before picking up his crutches in my other hand.
"Your wish is my command."
I carry him all the way to his room and place him gently on the bed. He leans back against the headboard to take weight off of his legs.
I turn to leave and hear him say, "stay." Not the voice of the app, but his voice.
"Did you just speak?" I ask him, and shakes his head. I hear him say, "no", but I don't see his lips move.
"I think, I think I can hear your thoughts?"
"Can you?" He thinks.
"Yes. But not all of them. And not all the time. Just the ones I think you want me to hear."
"Cool."
"I'm just going to get you a glass of water, I'll be right back. Is that okay?"
"Okay."
I go and come back with the glass and place it on the bedside table.
"Join me," he requests and I comply. He wraps his arms around me and I snake my arm around his back.
"I missed you."
"You've been with me everyday since I woke up. And when I was in the coma."
"I know. You had us all worried. I didn't know if you were going to wake up. And then Bella.." I trail off, not knowing how to finish.
He starts tracing circles on my arm and I bury my nose in the crook of his neck, inhaling his scent.
"I didn't mean to worry you."
"You didn't mean to do anything you had a stroke. That's not your fault. Then, your sister tried to kill you. That's also not your fault."
"I missed you too."
I press a kiss into the top of his head and he looks up at me.
"I love you."
"I love you too."
He kisses me, gripping the back of my neck. I kiss back until he breaks it off and leans on my chest. We sat in comfortable silence until he falls asleep. I look at him and I don't want this moment to end. It almost makes me forget the past few weeks of everything that has happened. Just me and him, in bed, cuddled together. Madly in love.

AN- look which motherfucker decided to update. I kinda just didn't realise that it had been, like, a year and a half or something so...oops. Anyway, here's Rory and Edward being together at home again. 👍. Hopefully, the next update is not going to be like a year away.
-Ollie