47

Rory's POV-
Edward knocks on the door at 6.30 on the dot.
"I'll get it," I tell my parents, getting up.
"Are you sure?" Dad asks, sitting next to me on the sofa, pausing whatever the game on is. I don't really follow sports, but dad's happy that the thingamajigs are winning.
"Yes dad. I can get the door."
I open the door and see my boyfriend in a black polo and jeans.
"Good evening, love," he says, smiling at me. I smile back and give him a wave. He waves back, and I silently laugh.
"Rory! Is that Edward?" Mom yells to me, coming to the door. I gesture to him and she rolls her eyes.
"Hi Edward," she greets, before turning to me and saying, "well. Invite our guest in Rory. Honestly, who raised you."
At that, I just give her a look.
"Don't answer that," she replies.
"It's a pleasure to meet you, Mrs Dwyer," he tells her, holding out a hand that Mom shakes.
"Again, please, call me Renee. Mrs Dwyer makes me sound like an old woman."
"Well then, I'm glad to finally meet you properly, Renee."
"It's lovely to see you too, Edward. I've heard alot about you. Not as much as I would hope to have been, Rory." She directs the last part at me too tell me off slightly for not contacting her enough. "Sorry," I mouth to her and she nods at me as an acceptance of my apology.
"Well, all good things I hope," Edward replies to my mother's mention of me talking about him.
"I don't think Rory could tell me anything bad about you."
Mom! Seriously! He doesn't need to know about that! I bury my face in Edward's shoulder as he laughs.
"Trust me, I'm sure my parents and siblings are tired of me talking about your son."
Chuck, how does he make that sound good? It would be embarrassing if I said that, but it makes him sound...better? I hate him. No, I just love him. Ah, fuck. I wobble a little, my weak legs starting to fail me, even with the crutches.
"Sit down, love," he tells me, wrapping a strong arm around my waist to take some of the weight. I give him a look of annoyance, but he picks me up and places me on the sofa. I glare at him, and dad ruffles my hair.
"Next time, you should probably just listen to him," he tells me.
"I hate you all," I reply, finally back to my phone to be able to verbalise my thoughts.
"Yeah, sure you do kid."
"Can I help in any way?" Edward asks.
"Don't worry about it darling. I'm sure Charlie can help."
"Hmm? Oh, yes. Of course. Please, sit, Edward. Can I get you anything?"  Dad asks Edward, realising what my mother is saying.
"No thank you," my boyfriend replies, sitting down next to me.
"Dinner's nearly ready. I'll send Charlie out when it is," Mom tells us, before she and dad go into the kitchen.

"So, hey," I tell him in my mind. I think I've figured out that it only works when we're alone. But Mom and dad can still hear us, so I can't use it exclusively.
"Hey," he replies, facing me.
"You look nice."
"Thank you. You look good too."
I raise an eyebrow.
"I'm in the first baggy tracksuit bottoms I found and a hoodie. I probably look like death," I argue, now using the app.
"Doesn't matter. You always look good."
That motherfucker. Going and making me blush. How absolutely dare he.
"You look even prettier now," he tells me, grinning. I roll my eyes and shove him.
"You love it really," Edward replies. I sit further back, crossing my arms. He rolls his eyes and leans forward, kissing me. I smile into it as he breaks our lips apart. I lean into him to get another and he accepts. He pulls away early and moves back; I look at him confused.
"You'll see," he whispers and Dad comes into the room.
"Dinner's ready," he tells us.
"Thank you, Chief Swan," Edward replies.
"Edward, you're my son's boyfriend. Call me Charlie."
"We'll be right there, Charlie."
Dad nods to us awkwardly, leaving the room to help mom with serving dinner.
"Well done. I guess having a boyfriend with super hearing comes in useful," I tell him through my thoughts.
"Yeah, well, it's less useful in a house with four couples who seemingly can't close doors and a sister who blasts music without care for closing her door. Plus, if it was that helpful, Addy, Emmett and Klaus might not have a criminal record."
"They have a what?"
"Well, technically it's not a record the law has. But we have it written down somewhere."
"Of course they do."
"We should go."
"Yeah," I tell him, letting him help me up. He hands me my crutches and we walk to the table together to eat with my parents.