32

Rory's POV-
We walk for about half an hour, talking and holding hands and just enjoying each other's company, until I get a call from my dad.
"Hi Dad. Everything okay?"
"Your sister's in hospital."
"Because..."
"She was in the sea. She nearly drowned."
"What!"
"She fell off a cliff. The only reason they found her was from an anonymous 911 call."
"It's okay dad. Breathe. She's going to be fine. Doctor Cullen's one of the best surgeons you'll find in Washington."
"Yes. Yes he is. Just come. Please. I need one of my kids."
"Yeah. Okay Dad. I'll be there as soon as I can."
"Thank you."
"Dad. It'll be fine. Trust me."
"I know, I know. It's just, you'll understand if you ever have kids."
"I'll be there soon Dad. Just hold on."
"I'll be fine kid. I'll be fine."
"See you in soon."
"Please be here soon. And don't crash on the way here. I can't deal with both of you in hospital."
"Don't worry. I'm with Edward and I'm hopefully going to get a lift in his nice safe Volvo."
"Good. I don't know how I ever let you ride that bike. I'm buying you a car."
"No, you're going to stay by your daughter. And listen to Dr Cullen. And let me keep my bike."
"We'll talk about it. Now hang up and come to the hospital."
"I'll be there."
"You said Edward was with you. Bring him too if you want. He makes you happy. I like my kids happy."
"Alright Dad."
"I shouldn't keep you. You'll be here in a sec. You're fine."
"I'm fine, Dad. I'm fine. Isabella's going to be fine. We're both fine."
"I'm a terrible father. One of my kids is in hospital after falling off a cliff and the other has bruises all over his side, with a suspiciously sprained wrist. I should just send you back to your mother."
"Dad. Stop panicking. You're a great father. Trust me."
"Can I talk to him?" Edward asks quietly. I nod and hand him the phone.
"Hello Chief Swan. I don't really know you all that well, but I know your son. And he turned out great. He's the greatest kindest person you will ever meet. He is willing to suffer to protect other people, no matter how much his loved ones tell him not to. He cares, often too much. And if that isn't great parenting, I don't know what is. He loves you, Mr Swan. More than anything. I hear him talk about you. You're one of his biggest supporters and one of the greatest fathers I've ever met."
"Thank you, Edward. That means a lot."
"Thank you for being such a good father to him. He deserves the world."
"I know."
"Dad, I'm going to hang up now, but I'll see you in 10 mins max, okay?"
"Okay Rory. And thank you."
"For what?"
"Being the best son a man could ask for."
"Had the greatest father as a role model."