Chapter 12: Training Camp Surprise

We just got to the Southern Headquarters. "Welcome Frost and Elrics," Miles greeted. I smiled and saluted him.

"Miles, it's only been a few weeks," I said. "And has the South made you soft? Fuhrer said that you needed someone from up North to teach your men a thing or two."

"Perhaps it has, maybe I should go back up to Briggs," he replied.

"Perhaps? Maybe? You need to go back up there and put some ice back in your blood," I said which made my friends laugh, even Miles smiled.

"Training isn't done here, I'll take you to the training site," he stated and led us out of the headquarters.

"Well at least you do one thing right down here," I commented as I crossed my arms and he glared at me, to which I just smiled at him innocently.

"I almost prefer you before you started to speak," he replied.

"Well too bad," I stated. We climbed into a car, well two cars. Sara and Trisha took another car that was behind us. We drove to somewhere between the headquarters and Ishval. There was tents set up everywhere and several areas for training. "Not bad, but I think you should drag them up North and have them train there, now that is extreme weather."

"They will be working in the heat, not the cold, Frost," he reminded and I rolled my eyes.

"Heat, cold, what's the difference?" I asked jokingly.

"Well Frost, I leave you to it, good luck you four," he said before climbing back into the car and driving off. A colonel and her lieutenant walked up to us.

"Greetings Frost and Elric family," she greeted.

"Colonel... Ross," I said reading her name tag as I held out my hand, she shook it. It was a warm handshake for someone in the military.

"Wait. Ross. As in Maria Ross?" Maes asked.

"One in the same and this is my lieutenant Denny Brosh," she introduced.

"You knew our parents when they were young," Trisha said.

"Slapped the boys once too," Lieutenant Colonel Brosh muttered.

"Before or after my dad was no longer a suit of armor?" Trisha asked.

"Before, it hurt," he replied.

"Well Colonel Ross, I've heard great things about you and my mother praises no one, it's an honor," I said.

"Likewise," she said.

"So training?" I asked.

"Right, these men... aren't the best. They need a lot of work," Lieutenant Colonel Brosh commented.

"I'm sure you weren't the best starting out either," I replied.

"We'll get the men together, stay here," Colonel Ross said.

"Well they're nice," Sara stated. "My dad said that they were like the only people who treated like kids, but with respect as well, rather than either talking down to them or making them act like adults."

"Seems like their personalities," I replied. Five minutes later there was six lines of eight men lined up.

"Listen up this is the Frost Alchemist and her companions the Elric family. Frost will be taking over your training, you will listen to every order she gives you without hesitation, I don't care if she is younger than you; she trained up in Briggs and her mother is the Northern Wall herself, so guess what: she's stronger than you and most likely smarter. And she can use her alchemy against you. I'll let her talk now," Colonel Ross said.