Chapter 15: Home and Hope

I still couldn't fully believe that the Selim Bradley was standing in front of me. Olivier told me stories about him and the things that he and his siblings did and what they were going to do if they weren't stopped. But the man standing in front of me seemed incapable of those horrible things. Then again I suppose he was just a kid, or appeared so, when he did them all those years ago. 

"You're a little young for a State Alchemist, aren't you?" Selim Bradley asked.

"Older than Edward Elric was," I replied. "And age shouldn't matter if you're a good alchemist."

"Fair enough," he replied.

"Bradley," Miles said from a little ways away. 

"Well I should be going, nice to meet you Frost Alchemist," Selim said.

"Likewise Mr. Bradley," I replied and he walked towards Miles. 

"Hey Levy," Maes greeted.

"Hey," I replied.

"Something wrong?" he asked.

"Spoke with Mr. Deen again and just saw Selim Bradley," I replied.

"The Selim Bradley?" he asked and I nodded. "Well this place just got more interesting because you're supposed to be dead father being here wasn't enough. You know we can move on if you want to Levy, you can ask for reassignment."

"Briggs people don't back down for anything and we sure as hell don't ask for reassignments. No I am going to make sure I complete my assignment to the best of my abilities and damn my personal feelings, that's what my mother taught me," I replied.

"Frost," a voice called and the Ishvalan was standing a couple hundred feet away from me.

"Well that doesn't sounds good," I said to Maes before walking over to him. "Yes?"

"Phone for you," he replied before leading the way to the phone.

"This is the Frost Alchemist," I said.

"Hey Levy," Edward greeted.

"Edward? You know this is a military line right?" I asked.

"Hey being the past annoyance of the fuhrer has it's perks. Anyway I need you to send the kids home," he said.

"Send them back? Why? What's wrong?" I asked.

"Winry's sick, really sick. We all kinda thought it'd be best for them to come home especially since May has to go back to Xing per the request of Ling," he explained.

"Yeah of course. I'd come too, but-"

"You have orders I know, Winry knows that too," he interrupted.

"Tell her I hope she feels better and that I'll come by as soon as I can," I said.

"Will do," he replied and then I hung up. Now time to find the Elrics. They were spread out through the camp, but I got them back to the tent. 

"What's up Levy?" Sara asked.

"You guys are going back to Resembool," I announced which sent up a flurry or arguments, saying that I couldn't do that to them and all of that. After a couple minutes I cut them off.

"This wasn't my decision, it was both of your fathers'," I explained which set up whole new arguments, I cut them off quicker this time. "Winry is sick and May needs to go to Xing, so you all need to go home."

"Mom's sick?" Sara asked.

"Yes," I replied.

"But what about you?" Maes asked.