Chapter 3: A Brilliant Alchemist

When Major General Mustang opened the door I saw a man sitting behind a desk, he was leaning forward with his hands on his desk. General Major Mustang shut the door behind the three of us.

"Colonel, took a while for you to get here," Fuhrer Mustang commented. I set down my bags.

"I had to stop in Resembool, Levy needed her new automail," he replied.

"Private Levy Armstrong, I've heard about you," Fuhrer Mustang said to me.

"What did you hear?" Alex asked.

"Olivier picked her out of the snow five years ago and trained her," he replied. "I also know about her automail. Olivier explained it as that due to severe frost bite her limbs had to be amputated and then it was replaced with automail."

"You don't believe that?" Alex asked as he glanced at me.

"Riza, Colonel, please leave so that I may speak to Private Armstrong alone," Fuhrer Mustang said.

"She doesn't speak, sir," Alex said.

"Leave," he replied and then both of them left the room. Fuhrer Mustang sat back in his chair before walking over to me and then looked down into my eyes. "You saw it."

I nodded.

"That is why you lost your limbs."

Again I nodded.

"Who did you try to bring back?"

I didn't move.

"Who? Private, you have to answer me."

"My little sister," I muttered.

"So you can speak?"

I nodded.

"You choose not to?"

Again I nodded.

"Do you know what you can do with your alchemy because you saw it?"

I nodded.

He took a deep breath. "You know the Ed wasn't much younger than you when he and Al tried it on his mother."

I looked up at him.

"You didn't know the Elric brothers preformed human transmutation on their mother?"

I shook my head.

"Their father left and their mother died from a sickness that was going around, they trained hard and learned all they could about alchemy. When they though they were ready they preformed human transmutation. Ed lost his leg and Al lost his entire body, when Ed came around he gave up his arm and got Al's soul back, where he placed it in a suit of armor." He walked over to his desk and picked up a picture before handing it to me. I looked at it, I saw a boy that I knew was Edward and there was a giant suit of armor standing next to him and based off of what the Fuhrer was saying, that was Al. I handed him back the picture. "I took them years to get their bodies back. Ed wasn't able to recover his leg and he traded his use of alchemy to get Al his body back."

I had the slightest feeling that the Fuhrer wasn't telling me everything about the brothers and what happened to them.

"Do you want to return your body to it's previous state?"

I shook my head. I was weak then, though sometimes I hated my automail, it made me stronger.

"Really? If you had the chance, you wouldn't take it?"

I nodded.

"Interesting girl. You're dismissed  now, I need to speak to Colonel Armstrong alone."