Chapter 7: Attack

Alexis and I walked the streets of West City. "We're practically asking to get attacked," Alexis commented.

"I've never been to West City before, I need to know the streets," I replied.

"Then I'll get you a map."

I laughed. "No maps, the best way is to walk them."

The layout of the city was easy to get, it was smaller than Central and a little more organized. The people seemed good enough, I could hardly believe one of them could be a murderer, but no one ever looked like a murderer.

"So you're from Briggs?" Alexis asked.

"Born in the town close by and mainly raised there until Olivier took me in. Once I recovered from my accident I was trained by her and the other Briggs men, honestly it's one hell of a tough life, but I loved it," I replied.

"Then why become a State Alchemist?" she asked.

"I get to see other places and help people. Olivier can handle the Northen Wall well enough without me," I replied.

"I heard she's cold, it's hard to believe she took you in," she commented.

"She's not cold, tough and strict, but not cold. She cares a lot and she didn't have any kids of her own and it wasn't just her raising me, the men there did as well. I had all sorts of teachers and friends, there was no lack of kindness up there," I replied.

"I uh heard you didn't talk," she commented. I noted that the sun was starting to go down.

"For a long time I thought I had lost everything, that there was nothing left to say. I was wrong," I replied.

"What made you change your mind?" she asked.

"The Elrics with the combined effort of Fuher Mustang," I replied.

"So you've met the Elrics?" she asked, disbelief in her voice.

"Alphonse's wife saved my life, Winry provides me with automail, and I haven't met Edward and Alphonse and their children until recently though. They're all great people," I replied.

"Is it true that Edward Elric can't use alchemy anymore?" she asked.

"Yes," I replied. "So Alexis tell me about this killer."

"He seems to be copying Scar, the murders are just as brutual," she explained.

"Then maybe I should call Scar, see if he can give us any insight," I replied.

"You know him?" she asked.

"I know Miles," I replied before I walked into a phonebooth and dialed Miles' phone.

"Hello?" he answered.

"Miles, it's Levy," I said.

"Levy? You're talking? Is everything alright?" he asked quickly.

"Miles calm down, I'm in West City. I need to talk to Scar," I replied.

"He doesn't go by that name," he reminded.

"Miles, please let me speak to him," I begged.

"Hold on," he said and the line went quiet.

"Hello?" a voice came on.

"Hello, are you Scar?" I asked.

"I do not..." he began.

"Go by that name I know, and I'm sorry. I need your help," I interrupted.

"What can I do?" he asked.

"There's a murderer here in West City. They are going after high ranking military officials, sound familiar?" I asked.

"I went after State Alchemists and I have been in Ishval the entire time," he quickly defended.

"I'm not accusing you of anything. This person seems to be working as you did, they're able to outsmart even the best officials leaving idiots in charge and the murders seem to be more brutual than yours. Any ideas where we could find him?" I asked.

"Are you going after him?" Miles asked quickly, I didn't realize he was on the line.

"Yes Miles, I am. So any ideas?" I asked.

"They will be somewhere where they can easily hide until night hits," Scar began.

"Levy," Alexis said from outside the booth, but I ignored her.

"Anything else? Please people are dying here," I pleaded.

"They'll want their victims alone," Miles offered.

"LEVY! RUN!" I heard Alexis scream, I turned and dropped the phone as I saw a man dressed in black a cloak covering his face, kill Alexis, nothing was left of her. He tore open the door to the booth the glass shattered and some hit me across the face; I let out a scream as he moved to grab me. I tried to move out of his way, but grabbed my right arm; he was confused as a surge of energy went through my body.

"Automail..." he growled and then my arm shattered. With that I was able to run, no one was on the steets. "State Alchemist, you are my next victim."

"You killed her. She did nothing wrong and you killed her. You will pay," I threatened.

"So scared of an alchemist who cannot use her power," he mocked. He was right, with my right arm gone I couldn't use my alchemy, I couldn't use any alchemy. I looked over to where Alexis' body would be, but there was nothing. She was a good girl, a fine soldier and he killed her. "What's your move alchemist?"

"Never attack first," I stated.

"Then I'll go," he replied he ran forward, I tried to dodge, but he grabbed ahold of my leg. Thankfully it was my right leg, it shattered too. I could feel my leg bleeding, the base. He broke through the base. "Now, you're mine." He set his hand on my stomach and I could feel it break apart, slowly. I screamed at the top of my lungs, there were no words to descibe the pain. Losing three of limbs hurt less.

Shots rang off and the man ran away, but I continued to scream. "Calm down Levy, we're here. You're safe now." Falman. It was Falman. "Get her to a doctor now!"

Too late, far too late. I was going to die between my bleeding leg and stomach, there was no possible way I could survive. I felt someone put pressue on my stomach. "Hang in there Levy. Olivier taught you better to give up without a fight, so fight. Help is on the way, I swear it is."