Chapter 8: Hospital

I opened my eyes I was staring at a ceiling. Everything hurt, but my stomach most of all. "Will she wake up?" I heard a woman ask. It almost sounded like Winry. I couldn't hear the hushed reply.

"That's not good enough!" a voice yelled. Now that was Edward.

"Brother, quiet," came another voice. Alphonse?

"May, isn't there anything you can do?" Edward asked.

"I repaired her insides, but damage was done Edward," May replied.

"Maybe it's best she doesn't wake up," Winry commented.

"Why is that?" I croaked. My mouth and throat felt so dry.

"Levy!" they all shouted and I saw them appear.

"Can someone help me sit up?" I asked.

"Here," Alphonse said as he set one of his hands on my back and helped me into a sitting position.

"Water?" I asked and Winry handed me a cup and I quickly drank it instantly feeling a little better. Winry refilled it and I took another drink.

"What do you remember?" Edward asked and Winry hit him on the back of his head.

"She just woke up," she reprimanded.

"A crazy serial killer killed Alexis. There was nothing left. He tried to..." I began, but my sentence dropped off. "He destroyed my limbs and my stomach..." I placed a hand on it. "I was dying."

"Falman got to you and managed to keep you alive until May came and repaired your stomach, so at least you're healthy," Edward stated.

"Your automail is a different story. I took off the damaged part of your arm and your new one is ready, but your right leg's base was partly destroyed. We'll have to take it off and attach a new one," Winry said.

"It would have been better if I didn't wake up," I said and she gave me a sympathetic smile as I took another drink of my water. Connecting a limb hurt like hell, but connecting a base was much, much worse. When connecting a limb all nerves connect at once, but first you need to connect each nerve to the base. It's long and complicated and it hurts like nothing you could imagine. I rubbed the back of my neck with my left hand as my right one was still gone.

"We can wait as long as you'd like to do the procedure," she said.

"As soon as you think I'm strong enough. There's a man who needs to pay for the lives he's taken," I stated as I set the cup down on the nightstand next to me.

"Levy, we know how you feel, but it may not be what you think Scar..." Alphonse said.

"Scar didn't kill people for no reason. State Alchemists killed his people, his family and he killed Nina because she was suffering. Alexis did nothing wrong. She was a good person. She did her job and she was killed and I could do nothing to stop it," I interrupted.

"Edward, I'd back off she's more stubborn than you are," Miles said as he walked into the room.

"Miles, what are you doing here?" I asked.

"You were on the phone with my colleague when the attack happened, I was worried," he replied.

"A call would've done fine," I said.

"Lieutenant General Armstrong taught me that if you are going to do something," he began.

"Don't do it halfway, but as you can see I'm fine," I finished.

"As I see it, you almost died and are about to undergo a major procedure, you will be taken off the case," he stated.

"On whose orders?" I asked.

"Who do you think?" he asked. Olivier. Alex. Even Falman.

"I'm under the orders of the Fuhrer," I replied.

"The Fuhrer is taking you off, apparently a certain Major General was upset that he put you in this kind of danger and she was backed up by a Lieutenant General, two Colonels, and a certain past state alchemist," he replied. I turned my head and glared at Edward knowing it had to be him.

"If you were told to stop after Nina died, would you?" I asked him without taking my eyes off of him.

"I didn't almost die," he said.

"No. You gave up. Your arm was gone and Alphonse almost died too, you would have died if it was for the Fuhrer, Riza, and Alex," I countered.

"How did you know that?" he asked.

"Olivier is my mother, I get access to everything she can," I replied. "Besides you forget Alex is my uncle."

"Speaking of that," May said.

"LEVY!" I heard a shout.

"Oh no," I muttered as Alex appeared in the doorway.

"I heard you were injured and came to make you better," he said as he reached out to grab me.

"Don't hurt me more please," I said and he stopped and decided to pat my head instead.

"Seriously? That's all you have to say?" Edward whined.

"Please tell me Olivier isn't here as well," I commented.

"Something happened at the wall, so she went back," Alex replied.

"Something? What happened? Are the men okay?" I asked quickly.

"Levy, calm down the Lieutenant General can handle it," Miles said. I took a deep breath.

"Don't tell me to calm down Miles. So Winry, when can we get me my new arm, leg, and base?" I asked.

"Already done," she replied.

"Really? All of them? How long have I been out?" I asked.

"Almost two weeks," May replied.

"Which gave me time to improve a little," Winry said.

"Okay, then. Let's get this over with, no point in prolonging the pain," I decided.

"Man, you're tough," Alphonse commented.

"Olivier didn't raise me any other way," I replied.

"Okay, we're going to do this. Everyone out, send Sara in, I'll need her hep," Winry ordered and Edward started to push everyone out, after they left Sara came in holding my limbs.

"They look nice Winry," I complimented.

"And they'll feel better... once the pain fades," she replied. "Sara, help me strap her down."

"Mom, I've never done something with a base before," Sara said as she began to strap down my left hand and then moved to my left leg.

"Want to be an automail mechanic? You need to know how to attach a base," Winry pointed out.

"And detach one?" Sara asked as she finished strapped my upper arm.

"Not usually part of the job, most people aren't as careless as her. Hell even Ed never managed to break his base," Winry said.

"I'm sorry my pyscho killer is crazier than his," I replied. Winry tied her hair back and Sara followed her mom's lead.

"Bite down on this," Winry placed a strip of leather in my mouth. "I'm sorry you have to go through this again." She turned away from me, "Sara, my tools."