Chapter 29: Tunnel

The best thing about being a State Alchemist and Olivier's daughter, I don't get questioned often even when I'm walking around in the middle of the night. 

"Levy," a voice said. Well no one part of the military questioned me. Maes was there with his sister and cousin.

"Hey guys," I said.

"Where are you going?" he asked.

"Nowhere, just on a walk," I replied.

"And you expect us to believe that? We all know part of the tunnel is under here," Sara said. 

"And we're not stupid enough to know you're just going to stand around and wait for our parents to make a decision," Trisha added. 

"So are you here to stop me or to join me?" I asked. Maes tossed something at me which I caught. A flashlight.

"Maes already made the door to go down," Trisha said and I smiled.

"Well then, let's get this started," I replied.

"I'm coming," Mustang said as he came over to us.

"The hell are you doing up?" I asked and he shrugged. 

"Dad always said Elrics get into trouble and add a relative of the Strong Arm, I figured something would happen," he replied.

"You know Levy's not really related to the Armstrongs, right?" Sara asked and he looked at me.

"You said you were her daughter," Mustang said.

"Yeah, adopted. I look nothing like her or any Armstrong, I have brown hair and dark eyes and nothing of my face or body shape resembles Armstrong features," I replied. 

"Figured you got it from your father," he said with shrug.

"I want nothing from him," I said. "Anyway, you're not going with us."

"And you're going to stop me?" he asked.

"Oh you don't want to mess with me Mustang and I'm not in the mood to deal with you," I replied.

"You act like I'm such a big problem, Armstrong," he countered.

"To me you are."

"They aren't?"

"They have been with me for a while and we work well together."

"You haven't given me a chance."

"Don't plan to. Go to bed Mustang."

"You can't tell me what to do."

"Really? You really want to test me?" I asked stepping closer to him, but Maes grabbed my arm.

"A fight will only draw attention, I'll watch the new comer, yeah?" he offered. I rolled my eyes.

"Show me the door,"  I said. Maes nodded and lead me to the middle of the floor, he put his hand on a latch and pulled up revealing the tunnel. I jumped down landing mainly on my automail leg so I didn't get hurt. I clapped my hands together putting them on the ground creating a ladder that lead up to the floor. Everyone climbed down and Maes closed the door behind him, leaving us completely in the dark, Sara was the first to turn on her flashlight and the rest of us followed.

"We'll head in different directions. Maes, you take Trisha and Mustang down the left side and Sara and I will go right. No one will come looking for us until around dawn so we have four hours. Walk in your line for two hours and then turn around," I instructed.

"Trisha and I have radios, so if either group finds something or needs help, we just call," Sara said and I nodded. 

"See you guys in four hours," I said before beginning to walk with Sara at my side.