Chapter 36: The Final Battle

"It was foolish and stupid! You all could have died!" Olivier screamed. 

"We had to do something! We couldn't just wait while you guys decided what to do!" Maes shouted back.

"It was childish and reckless, Levy barely made it out alive," Ed added. "You lot claim to care, but she could have died."

"It was her idea! We all knew the risks but we just couldn't stand it anymore," Trisha defended.

"Do we look like we care whose idea it was?" Al asked. Winry stood at my bedside not telling anyone that I had woken up. 

"That enough from all of you," Winry said and everyone looked at her and then noticed me awake. I was breathing easy and there was only a minor pain in my stomach, I was unsure what had happened here. My memory was either gone or blank. "You have room for judgment of them?"

"Win-" Ed said but Winry held up her hand silencing her husband. 

"You're trying to tell me that the two of you would not have done the same thing? Because I cannot count how many idiotic and reckless things you two pulled when you were their age. And Olivier you jumped and still jump into an alchemist fight without thought. They did not take my daughter because she could be injured. The two strongest alchemists were left to fight and it was a mistake that led to Levy's injury. Ed, how many time was your arm destroy? Or one of you was close to death? Hell Alex is half dead and took no risks that these kids did. So stop judging and yelling at them for something you yourself would have once done," Winry lectured. 

"But we're smarter now," Al said.

"Hindsight is 20/20, Al. Levy, would you still have made the decision to go if you knew you would almost die?" Winry asked.

"Yes. Those alchemists are safe and so are Mustang and Maes and Trisha," I replied.

"Well then, that's the end of it," she said.

"Win-" Ed began and this time she just glared at her husband.

"That. Is. The. End," she said and no one argued with the mechanic. "Now Levy, May and the doctor were able to most deal with your injury, but you must take it easy in case something was missed and you are not 100%, so you will not be coming with us."

"Not going where?" I asked.

"To end this," Selim said, I hadn't realized he was in the room, but he was there in the shadows. "Father is angry and no longer trusts me, for obvious reasons. We need to finish it now or we will never be able to."

"And the tunnel?" I asked.

"We got part of it," Maes said. "But when Mustang and Selim came to us after what happened down there, we knew we had to come back. We didn't finish the area."

"But it'll slow him down," Trisha added. 

"Well, you're not leaving me behind. There's no way in hell that's happening," I said.

"Levy, you need to heal," Selim said.

"Like hell I do. I'm fine, it doesn't hurt that much and I'm as much in this fight as anyone else, so I'm not going to sit here while you all go off and fight," I argued. "I'm using my alchemy, I won't even have to move around that much and if I keep Selim by my side, he'll keep me safe."

"Becuase he did so well last time," Ed muttered.

"Last time he was still acting like he was on the other side, and as soon as I got hurt he dropped everything and came to me," I defended. "You guys are not leaving me behind."

"She'll find a way to come," Olivier said. "It's what she does."

"So fill me in on the plan," I instructed and Olivier took over the conversation. Father would have to be in the middle just like the last time, which meant we were going to Central. The original fighters were not too excited about going back under, back to the place where the first fight began. They all had their own traumas down there, but it was our best bet to face Father.