Chapter 2: Alex Louis Armstrong

Just a few days after the Elrics visit Colonel Alex Louis Armstrong came to see me and his sister. "Oh Levy such a story you have!" he said as he picked me up and held me tightly in his arms.

"Alex! Put her down!" Olivier yelled as she came over to us, he did as she said. "Now what are you talking about?"

"The Elric brothers told me about your family!" he said as he once again pics me up.

"Private?" Olivier asked. Those damn brothers, go and blab to him as soon as they leave, I thought. Then again it is Alex, he can get information out of the best trained people. "Did you tell the Elrics about your family?"

Alex set me back down. "I have never made you speak, but now tell me Levy," Olivier said.

"They didn't give me much of a choice," I replied.

"Well then, tell me as well," she said.

"My dad walked out, my mom died, and then my younger sister died. She was all I had left and I failed her, I just wanted her back," I replied.

"Alex, why have you come?" Olivier asked her brother.

"I need some of your men Olivier," he replied.

"No, we barely have enough as it is. What is that blasted Fuhrer thinking these days? Is he forgetting we keep this country safe?" Olivier asked. "I can't spare any men Alex." I looked at both of them and then pointed to myself. "You want to go with him?"

I nodded.

"Are you sure?" he asked.

Again I nodded.

"Olivier?" he asked.

"She's as good as ten men, at the least. Take her with you, keep her safe Alex," she replied. "She might need to get different automail since she will be staying down there. I'll give Winry a call to give her the heads up."

The next day we were off to Resembool, which two days later we finally arrived at. This was my first time ever being away from Briggs and I loved every minute of it. We walked right to Winry's workshop.

"Colonel!" Winry said as we walked on.

"Ms. Winry, good to see you!" he shouted in return.

"Since you're on your way to Central and your sister asked for a rush, I have your automail ready to go," Winry said and then I sat down on the couch and helped Winry take off my automail. When soon got to my leg.

"I'm going to say hello to the Elric brothers," Alex commented before leaving. I took off my pants and Winry grabbed a blanket and set it over my lap and soon my leg was off.

"I'll pack these in a case so you can take them with you, for when you go back to Briggs or if you need them," she said as she carried my automail limbs away. "I'll be right back with your new ones."

"Hey mom!" Maes yelled as he walked in and then his eyes quickly found me sitting on the couch. "Levy? What are you doing down here? And where is your automail?"

"Right here as promised," Winry said as she came back. "There something you need Maes?"

"Aunt May said it was time for lunch," he replied.

"Great, but will you help me for a second?" she asked while gesturing to my automail, they quickly hooked everything up and then she waited while Maes got ready to connect the nerves. He would do my wrist while Winry would connect my arm and leg.

"Ready?" she asked both of us.

"Yes," he replied while I nodded and within a few seconds I felt the sharp pain of my nerves being connected.

"You good?" Winry asked me and I nodded. "Maes, leave so that she can get dressed." He quickly got up and left the building. I stood up and pulled on my pants. I noticed that everything felt lighter and it felt weird that way.

"You'll get used to the new weight soon," Winry said guessing my thoughts. "I used the same ratio of metals as I did when Ed still got into stupid fights and was traveling, so you don't have to worry about maintenance as much."

I sat back down and put on my boots and then pulled on my black gloves.

"Would you like to have lunch with us?" she asked when I stood up again and I shook my head. "Right you both should be going. Here's the other automail." She set a case in front of me, I opened it and saw my old automail packed in it. I closed it and then picked it up.

Then we left the building and walked towards a house. Where I saw Alex sitting with the rest of the family. "Levy, what's in the case?" Alphonse asked.

"Her old automail, thought she might need it eventually," Winry said.

"Why didn't you ever do that for me?!" Edward yelled.

"You never asked Idiot!" she yelled back.

"Levy! They invited us for lunch!" Alex shouted changing the subject and I sighed as I shook my head remembering that he said that the Fuhrer wanted to see us when we got into Central. I grabbed Alex by his collar and started to drag him.

"Well I guess we must be going down! 'Til we meet again Elrics!" he shouted as I dragged him.

"She can drag him?!" I heard Edward shout before we got too far away. When we got away from the house I stopped dragging him and he stood up. I glared at him.

"You're right Mustang will be waiting for us," he stated. "Are you sure you are not related to Olivier?" I smiled as I nodded. We walked back to the train station and got on to one heading for Central.

We soon got to Central. Where I saw a girl in a uniform waiting. "Captain Havoc!" Alex yelled and I just sighed.

"Colonel!" he replied and then he ran over. "The men?"

"She is all my sister could spare," Alex said as he gestured to me.

"A kid?!" Captain Havoc exclaimed.

"A soldier who has trained with my sister for five years and is a brilliant alchemist," Alex said.

"Well then Private, I'm sorry but you don't look like much," Captain Havoc said to me. I just shrugged.

"Private Armstrong, doesn't speak, don't take offense to it," Alex said.

"Did you say Armstrong?" Captain Havic asked looking between the two of us as if he was trying to place me as Alex's daughter.

"My sister adopted her five years ago, when she was 11," Alex said.

"I see, but Sir, the Fuhrer waits for you," he said. "And you know him."

"Yes, let's go!" Alex said and then he picked both of us up and whisked us out of the train station and into a car, where a man waited for us.

"This is First Lieutenant Breda," Captain Havoc said. He was sitting up front with First Lieutenant Breda while Alex sat in the back with me.

"Nice to meet you," he said to me.

"This is Private Levy Armstrong," Alex said. I waved.

"She doesn't talk," Captain Havoc stated. First Lieutenant Breda nodded and then started the car. It took us all of ten minutes to reach Central headquarters. Alex dismissed Captain Havoc and First Lieutenant Breda and we walked inside. Central Headquarters was amazing built, of course it wouldn't stand a chance in a real war, not for very long anyway, there were too many entry points. It didn't take us long to reach two big doors, which I guessed was the entrance to the Fuhrer's office. I saw a woman with blonde hair standing outside the door.

"Major General Mustang!" Alex shouted.

"Hello Colonel Armstrong," the woman smiled.

"Levy this is Major General Riza Mustang, Major General this is Private Levy Armstrong," Alex introduced.

"Pleasure to meet you, I heard that Olivier took in a kid," Major General Mustang replied. I gave her a small bow.

"Fuhrer Mustang has been waiting for you Colonel," she said as she turned to Alex. Oh right it just occurred to me, Major General Mustang must be the Fuhrer's wife, I thought. Major General Mustang turned to open the door.