Epilogue

FIVE YEARS LATER

"This is a mistake, I shouldn't be doing this. I mean we're still young aren't we? What if he's not there? What if he thinks this is a mistake?" I asked as I paced.

"I almost want to grab Olivier so she can slap sense into you," Trisha commented and I glared at my friend.

"Levy," Sara said grabbing my attention. "You gave up an amazing piece of knowledge for him, you stood up for him, defended him and that wasn't long after you first met him. You believed in him when we were all against him thinking he was Pride, you wouldn't give in. And trust me, if he didn't want to do this he wouldn't have asked you to marry him and would've left a long time ago." It all seemed like yesterday. The battle. The deals that we made. Sara gave up any chance of her using alchemy to give her father his back and I gave up the ultimate knowledge so Selim could finally be separated from his past. Truth kept to his word and only made our deal final upon Father being destroyed. 

But it wasn't yesterday, not by a long run. Ed went back to being a State Alchemist and was joined soon after, by his brother, they were assisting me in unlocking the knowledge they had the hard way. Their knowledge of alchemy techniques from around the world was going to help a lot. But working with them meant being away from the North, but Selim and I settled in nicely with the Elric families. Ed and Al were helped Selim build us a house near them, all the while I reminded him that we would still be going back North often because that was my home and some part of me would always want to go back there. 

And with Father gone the alchemists were safe, so everyone came out of hiding and together we filled in and distorted his circle, so no one could take advantage of it ever again. 

"Sara's right," Trisha added. "This isn't a mistake. You love him and he loves you, does anything else matter?"

I took a deep breath trying to calm my beating heart. "This is the reason you two are going up there with me."

A quite knock sounded on the door, before Winry stepped in closing the door behind her. "Everything okay in here?"

"She's freaking," Trisha said.

"Ah yes, I did too when Ed and I got married. Which is why I'm here, I would have grabbed Olivier but she doesn't have much experience in this area. We both freaked, but no one was surprised considering how we got engaged."

"Any advice coming?"

She chuckled and took my hands in hers. Having real hands that could feel things was amazing. "Take a deep breath. You made this choice before you freaked out, you're freaking out because this is unknown to you. But do you love him?"

"Yes."

"And he loves you, so everything will be okay. You guys went through more than most people do the first few months you knew each other. You two can handle anything."

"Levy my dear are you ready?!" a booming voice asked.

The four of us laughed. "Yes, Uncle Alex I'm ready."

Winry kissed the top of my head. "I'll see you in there."

I followed my uncle out with my two friends behind me. Right before we entered the part of the church where the ceremony was held we met up with Maes and Mustang.

"Well, all of you look amazing," Maes complemented.

"You two clean up well," I replied.

"Yeah, you don't look half bad Armstrong," Mustang said.

"You can't give me a real compliment on my wedding day, Mustang, really?" I asked. 

He chuckled before hugging me. "You're beautiful, Bradley won't be able to breathe when he sees you."

"See now that's what I'm looking for, but maybe try it one more time with more sincerity."

Everyone laughed. 

I took a deep breath. "We can't keep everyone waiting, now can we?"

Mustang took Sara's hand while Maes took Trisha's. The doors opened and they walked in. My uncle towered over me as he took his place beside me, take my arm. "Thank you for walking me, Uncle Alex."

"It's my pleasure." I could see the tears running down his cheeks, but there was no time to comfort him now. And so we began our walk down the aisle. Selim couldn't stop himself from smiling when he saw me. My uncle lets me go as Selim took my hands.

"You're here," Selim whispered almost in relief, it was nice to know I wasn't the only one freaking out.

"I couldn't leave you," I replied. My eyes quickly scanned the seats. The Elrics, Mustangs, Olivier, my father, my friends. Everyone I cared about was here. The ceremony began and I lost track of most of it until it got to our vows. 

I spoke first. "Selim, when we first met I was angry. At that particular moment at my father, but I was angry at myself and just a little bit before began talking again. I had lost my sister and mother, my limbs, my will to keep myself alive. The Elrics helped, but you stayed with me. You did everything you could to keep me safe, you believed in me and never held me back. You protected me from your father, from doing incredibly stupid things, from things I could never come back from. You helped give back a piece of me that I had been missing. I could never thank you enough for that."

"Levy, you talk about never being able to thank me enough when I should be thanking you. You were angry when we first met, but you treated me like a normal person like I wasn't something horrible. You defended me countless times in front of countless people and even gave up your job for me. You forgave me after you thought I had betrayed you and stood up for me again when people called you crazy for trusting me. You gave a piece of you to make me whole, to make me something I was never meant to be. I will love you forever for these things and I will make it up to you for as long as we live." 

~~~~~~

Author's Note

Well my dearly beloved readers, this is it. This is the end of my story. Thank you all for reading and supporting me through this. I know I disappeared for a while at times, but as I always said I would finish this story and I have. Three years, this has been a three year long journey and I'm glad I spent with all of you. I'm sorry, but there will not be a sequel to this. I love you all. Happy Holidays.