43.Three days

It has been three days since the dinner. Kai tried to talk to me but I told him that I need a few days alone and he surprisingly accepted it. He did send me a long paragraph about his day, the last few nights, before he went to bed.

Every paragraph ended with : "I hope you're okay and if you need anything just text me, I'll be there in a second. Don't forget to eat and drink. Anyways that was my day! I hope I could hear yours but I respect the fact that you want to be left alone( even tough I don't believe that) . I sent you this message so you'll be entertained:)) I miss you and your cute little laugh. Can't wait to see you again princess

-xoxo "

I sigh and stand up from my bed. A yawn escapes my lips. I walk over to my closet and choose a comfortable outfit. I take the clothes and walk to my bathroom, to take a shower.
I undress myself and turn on the hot water.

My body relaxes as the water hits my body. Another sigh leaves my mouth.

I think I should talk to Kai. I really miss him.

After the shower I get ready and leave my apartment.

I knock on Kai's apartment door but no one answers the door. I knock again and wait a few seconds.

Again, no responds.

Where could he be? It's 4pm, it's not like he's in a club.
I decided to call him, maybe he's out grocery shopping.

After a few rings he picks up

"Brianna?", I can hear he's confused.
"Hi Kai"
"How are you? Is everything ok?"
"Yes, Yes I'm fine. Uhhh I wanted to visit you but you didn't answer the door. I figured out that you're grocery shopping or something"
"You're at my apartment?", he asks
"Yea"
"I'm eating at a diner with Steven and Damon. If you want to come? If not just go into my apartment, I'll be there in 10"
"No no, no worries. I'm coming to the diner. Which diner?"

He tells me where the diner is and I speed over there. Before entering the diner I look at my reflection on the glass door.

I walk in and immediately spot them. They're laughing together, seems like they're having fun.

Stefan and Damon sit in front of Kai, facing their back at me and Kai is sitting infront of them.
Kai finally noticed me and waves his hand to me. I take a deep breath and walk towards their table.
My brothers head turn to me, they have a worried look on their face.

Ugh

Kai stands up and hugs me, I immediately hug back. He smells so good.
We both sit down next to each other.
I look at my brothers and shyly wave at them.

"How are you?", Stefan asks. "Good", I nod without looking at him.
"What did you do these last days?", Damon asks.
"Nothing", I say and start to play with Kai fingers.

I hear Damon sigh after my dry answer

"Look Brie, I know we haven't been that close but you're still my sister and I'm worried about you", Damon says and I finally look at him.
"You're not mad?"
"No why would be?", Stefan says," If I were you I would've probably done the same thing"

I give them a small smile
"Was that a smile?", Kai teases making me smile more,"I missed that cute smile"
"What have you guys been up to?", I ask my brothers.
"We have been dealing with Moms bullshit", Stefan answers.
"I'm never giving the stone back"
"That's the plan", Damon says,"For now"

"What do you mean for now?", I ask confused.
"Well if Lily and her crew do something bad, we have to give it back to them", he explains.
"Fuck no! I'm not allowing that!"
"And why not Kai?",Stefan asks.
"If that bastard gets out, he's gonna do something to my girlfriend", Kai pulls me closer to him as he speaks.

"Well Kai if you haven't noticed your girlfriend is the most powerful bitch out there, no one can get her", Damon winks at me.
"I think he's right Kai", I agree with him

He looks at me shocked
"WHAT? AH HELL NO"
I burst out laughing and Stefan is trying to hold in his laugher.
"Kai, babe, there is no way that he can hurt me. Back then I was a stupid human but nowwww... I'm this..", I laugh
He shrugs: "True"

Stefan phones starts ringing and he picks up the call.
For privacy reasons I try not to listen.

"Guys Caroline has cravings, I gotta go", he says and stand up. We all stand up after him.

"Yeah we should probably leave too", Kai says and looks at me. I nod
"Yeah I'm coming with you Stefan", Damon's says.

I hug Stefan and Damon goodbye

"Bye Damain! Be carfuulll honeyyyy", Kai says in a sarcastic voice. Surprisingly Damon joins him:" Goodbyeee honey boo boo!"

"You guys are weird", Stefan looks at them in disgust. I laugh at their weirdness.

Kai and I arrive at his apartment and we drop onto the couch. I sigh and look at Kai
"I missed you", I say and crawl into his arms. I lay my head onto his chest and smile slightly at the sound of his heart beating.
"I missed you too princess", he gives me a forehead kiss.

"I'm assuming that you don't want to talk about the last three days"
"No, I actually don't want to", I sigh.
"That's okay"

I smile

God I love him so much. I want to marry him and spend the rest of my life with him. Which is probably forever. I wish we would have met again when we were still human.

"I want baby's", Kai said out of nowhere. I raise my head and look at him confused.
"What?"
"I want baby's", he repeats. "No I got that part but where did that come from?"
"Seeing Caroline pregnant and Stefan being so supportive makes me want to be a dad too", he says softly.

"But we can't have kids Kai"
"I know but there's adoption ooor we can figure out a spell, the way your mom did"
I look at him for 5 seconds and then respond: "Yeah but my moms dead because of the spell"

"Are you even ready to be a Dad?"
"I mean yeah. I kinda have practice"
"You have what now?", I ask him confused
"You do call me daddy sooo.."

I burst out laughing and he joins me too

"What the fuck Kai", I laugh
"Jokes aside. I really think I'm ready"
"You killed your siblings and you want to be a dad? What if you kill our kid?"
"No I want to be a better person and I think I've gotten better at it"

There is a long pause

"I'm not like my Dad", he says breaking eye contact.

I take my hand to lift his head:"You're nothing like him Kai"
I softly smile. He looks sad

"Kai you're one of the best people I have met in my life. Your character development is crazy! Okay maybe you were selfish and all that stuff but you've changed! You are so respectful! The last few days you respected the fact that I want to be alone, you make sure I'm okay or don't feel lonely. I don't think you know how much you mean to me. Your Dad was a cruel bastard who only cared for himself but look at you caring for my brother, our friends and me. You are honestly amazing"

"Just say I love you jeez. I now I'm great", he gives me a little smirk. I giggle and kiss him.
He pulls me more into the kiss but breaks it:
"I love you too"

"What would you name the kids?", I laugh

Heyy  I haven't been posting because I was really busy! I know this is short but I will try to write when I have time!

Please pray for Ukraine 🇺🇦