4 - Brothers

TRIGGER WARNINGS:
EXPLICIT LANGUAGE
SWEARING
VIOLENCE
BLOOD

TRIGGER WARNINGS:EXPLICIT LANGUAGE SWEARING VIOLENCE BLOOD

The sky was dark, the stars shone and it was quiet. The only sounds were the soft rustling of tree leaves and our footsteps on the concrete ground. We just about reached home at nearly one in the morning, not that late considering it could be a lot later.

Raf walked ahead while Lira and I walked behind him, our hands holding each other's. We stepped into a dark quiet house, no one being home apart from the sleeping maids and guards on duty. We immediately went inside to the kitchen where Raf was grabbing a bottle of water from the fridge. He twisted the cap open and quickly gulped it down. He slammed it down onto the countertop with a satisfied sigh.

"Women should be in the kitchen. Did you hear that fucking man?" Lira scoffed and headed for the fridge. She also plucked out a bottle of water and drank a few sips. I held out a hand and she gave it to me and I also drank some water. It was thirsty work I suppose, even if I did nothing. "Well to be honest Lira, you should be in the kitchen more. You can barely cook pasta." Raf bit his lip to avoid laughing. "Meh meh meh meh. Shut up. I can cook pasta." Lira mocked as she took a seat at the kitchen island. Raf also took a seat opposite her and I went in one of the drawers to grab out the first aid box.

"You overcook the pasta. It needs to be al dente. You seriously can't argue with me I'm Italian. Pasta is in my blood." Raf smiled in amusement. Lira's shoulders slumped at that and instead of replying she pulled her hair back together, combing it with her fingers. "Well I just need some more lessons that's all." She sighed and put her hair up into a ponytail, with several smaller strands of hair getting left behind which framed her face.

"Some lessons. You need a lifetime of them. You should just leave the cooking to me and Enzo." Raf grinned and watched me click open the first aid box. I rummaged through the contents and pulled out a clean cloth and a roll of dressing. Once I had set down a bowl of water and had dampened the cloth, Raf defeatedly handed me his hands. I began to tap and clean his cuts, wiping away the blood. Some of which was his and some which wasn't. We would always take care of each other and that's what we did.

"Are you all right Lira?" I asked noticing her looking tired. I finished cleaning Raf's hands and now I had started on wrapping them. He flexed out his hands, spreading out his fingers so I could wrap the bandage neatly. Suffice to say, if there was anything we were good at, it was wrapping hands because we got into plenty of scuffles. Raf scoffed, his eyes going wide. "Is she all right?! Hello. My hands are the ones that are bruised."

I chuckled looking at him. "Shut the hell up you annoying little bitch. You're constantly whining and when you aren't, you're still fucking whining." I began to wrap his other hand. Lira chuckled at this. "I'm actually just very very tired." She sighed with a soft smile. "Go up. I'm almost done." I smiled at her, taking in her exhausted state. She hummed and left the room.

"What the fuck am I supposed to get her for her birthday?" Raf asked sincerely. He brushed back his hair and scratched his head. I stared down at his hand I was still wrapping, leading the material through his fingers and across his knuckles. "I don't know. Knives. She loves knives." I shrugged my shoulders, feeling guilty. I didn't even know what to get her.