29 - I do

TRIGGER WARNINGS:
EXPLICIT LANGUAGE
SWEARING

TRIGGER WARNINGS:EXPLICIT LANGUAGE SWEARING

Fucking hell. My knees were shaking. My hands were shaking. I couldn't keep still. I was a bag of nerves, something so foreign to me. I shuffled on my feet probably looking like I needed to piss but I was just waiting for her.

We have been standing at the end of the aisle now for six minutes exactly. I know she's coming because Raf just winked at me. The venue looked beautiful, covered in the same red velvety roses I brought her. I hope she likes it. I shoved my hands into the pockets of my trousers, my classic black suit being a perfect fit to my body. I had a small red rose pinned to the pocket because she would like that.

"Relax Enzo. Do you want to hear a joke? I pissed myself this morning." Raf grinned. I laughed at his stupidity and nudged him. The guests were all murmuring amongst themselves but soon they all quietened down. Raf turned to look behind him and smiled. I didn't want to look, not until she was by my side. That was the traditional way, I think.

Raf nudged me. "It's your mom." I turned at that and saw my beautiful mom walking up the aisle towards me. She was smiling and then she stopped before me. She leaned in and hugged me, kissing my cheek. "She's nervous so tell her a joke." She whispered in my ear before brushing down my suit jacket with her hands. "My beautiful baby." She muttered before slipping away from me and taking a seat beside dad at the first pew. Dad grasped her hand and smiled at me.

Asim was behind mom and he took a spot beside Raf, being one of my groomsmen. Raf elbowed me and I turned back around, facing away from the entrance. Music began to play a soft wedding march and Isabella ran forward no doubt to throw the flower petals around. She skipped back and grabbed onto Mara's hand whispering that Lira looked like a princess. Fuck. She's going to kill me.

I heard the tap of shoes and my heart began to race. I knew Admir was giving her away and I knew that meant so much to her. It was slow, but that gave me time to breathe. To actually take in air and expel it.

I smelt her first, lilies and Admir's musk. This was it. I was the Don of the Italian-American mafia but it was Lira who made me nervous. And she alone could do that. No one else. Well mom and dad could when I was in trouble. I hadn't seen Lira for a week so when I turned around, my mouth hung open and a tear ran down my cheek.

She did look like a princess. Her dress was stunning, in white which flared down from her waist. It was dotted with diamonds. She told me she spent ages picking it out and my God did she look beautiful. Stunning, captivating. All the compliments in the world couldn't be enough. Her face was covered with a sheer veil but through it I could see her smiling.

I was still staring when Admir kissed her forehead and then let go off her, standing beside Asim. She smiled and came to stand beside me, turning to look directly at me. I cleared my throat and grinned widely. She was fiddling with her painted french manicured nails. "Raf pissed himself this morning." I blurted awkwardly. She grinned and laughed which made me feel better. "Oh I've missed you Enzo." She smiled.