39 - Fresh air

TRIGGER WARNINGS:
EXPLICIT LANGUAGE
SWEARING

TRIGGER WARNINGS:EXPLICIT LANGUAGE SWEARING

Lira went up to bed a while ago. Raf also went up to sleep and dad was the only one still awake. He was whispering things to mom which she blushed at. There's not many reasons that could make mom blush, but dad was an exception.

"Stop it Ace. Just go up. I'll be there soon." Mom smiled, lighting up her face. Dad finally gave in, stood up from the sofa and walked out, but not before patting me on the back. The living room was quiet now, with only mom and me. There were empty mugs of coffee on the table and an empty cookie box Raf practically inhaled, well I did help him.

I looked across at mom who was now smiling looking at me. I knew her life was tough growing up and I'm just happy that she's happy. That she finally got the life she deserved. And she deserved the world.

She stood up and gestured for me fo stand, so I did. "Mom I-" I started before she pulled me in for a hug. I hugged her back, smelling sweet musk. She rubbed my back, squeezing me tight. She was everything to me. Raising me to be better than her, to be stronger and kinder. I could never thank her enough but I did love her with all my heart.

When she finally let go of me, we were only standing a couple feet away and she smiled, her cheeks rosy, but perfectly cut. "My baby..I just I-" She said almost breathlessly.

"Mom we didn't plan for this. But I'm happy." I smiled widely. This is what's drugs must make you feel like but instead of crashing after a while, I would feel like this for a long time. Mom gulped and she looked as if she was about to cry.

"I know. I'm happy too. I just can't believe it. My baby's going to have a baby." She smiled, her lips ever so slightly trembling. "Mom you can't tell anyone, not yet. She wants to not tell everyone just yet." I said remembering.

"Of course I will try." She smiled. "The baby will be so beautiful." She grinned, tucking her hair behind her ear. I sometimes wished I had moms blue eyes. They showed a lot of emotion but she loved dads eyes which were passed on to me. "Oh and do not make Lira work. She's told me how she feels scared about going out to do assignments. Scared that she'll get hurt."

I nodded my head. "I wouldn't make her do anything she doesn't want to do." I replied, feeling more relaxed now. I'm glad mom and I are having this conversation. "You have to be there for her. But don't suffocate her okay Enzo. I'm so very proud of the man you have become." Mom gulped softly, tears faintly brimming in her eyes.

"You think dad would be happy?" I asked her, my own eyes getting wet with tears. Seeing mom like this, it always made me emotional. She nodded, her lips pursed into a smile, trying to hold back tears. "Of course he would. He said the happiest day of his life was when you were born. I just know that when you tell him, he'll just be high." She smiled widely, trying to blink away tears.

"I love you mom." I smiled and hugged her again. She whispered it back in Italian and then told me to go up and behave.

It had barely been a week and my office was already a fucking mess. It looked like a bomb had hit it. Files and documents lay scattered everywhere in a disorganised mess. There was not one, not two but four empty coffee mugs atop the desk. She drank either milky coffee or juice. On the other side of the office, soft pillows and blankets were plopped on the small sofa. The bookshelf that I stored documents in, well the documents were still stored there but now in a more haphazard mess.