57 - Sleepover

TRIGGER WARNINGS:
EXPLICIT LANGUAGE
SWEARING
SMOKING/ALCOHOL

The next afternoon, Raf and I were working in my office, after it had been deep cleaned

The next afternoon, Raf and I were working in my office, after it had been deep cleaned. The insufferable idiot wouldn't step foot in it if it hadn't. So now it smelt of warm pine and soft lavender. We would have smoked whilst we worked but Lira had joined us and was laying on the small sofa, knees propped up, having a phone conversation.

"No no no. Don't give me that bullshit. Look I'm being lenient with you. Do you understand? I'm being extremely nice because I feel like it. But if you don't do what I ask, I'll have no choice but to hand over this call to Vicenzo and he certainly won't be nice about it." She spoke softly but firmly.

Raf was sorting through some paperwork, making calls occasionally and he even left the room at one point. He returned with the air around him smelling of smoke. By this time, Lira was calling her friend and I listened in, it was hard not to when she was snickering and gossiping. Even Raf had his ears tuned to her.

"We're doing a maternity shoot next week...well of course I convinced him. But isn't it just the sweetest thing ever...I know! Stop it. Are you coming to see me? I miss you...No I don't exactly want to fly over...well you know how shitty my jet lag is and I'm already feeling sick as it is." She chatted to Esad and Sadina, who were hanging out together.

Raf glanced up at me, his lips in a coy smile. "Maternity shoot huh daddy Enzo." I smiled at him, rolling my eyes. He sighed and smiled Lira's way before looking back at me. "You know seeing what you have. I think, somewhere in the far far future, I'd like to be a dad." He smiled softly, almost dimpling his clean shaven face.

"With Donzel?" My heart stilled silently, awaiting his answer. He opened his mouth before closing it. "Maybe. I like her a lot and she likes me. We have fun. I think my mom would have liked her and Alessia likes her. But you know how she is. She wants to do things the right way. Dating, marriage and then babies. I don't mind. I mean I'm only nineteen. Might just wait for the right time." He shrugged his shoulders.

"You should wait for the right time." Lira spoke coming up to us, her phone being turned off in her hand. "Because there's nothing more sexier than a man who wants a future with the girl he's seeing." She smiled looking between us both. Before Raf could reply, she beat him to it. "Isabella's coming around. Kaden messaged me." She smiled.

I blinked a few times. He didn't even bother sending me a message. Lira must have figured out exactly what I was thinking because she ran a hand through her hair with a small smile. "Relax. Isabella messaged me, from her dads phone. That's strictly confidential so keep your mouths shut." She smiled sweetly but the threat in her words were anything but sweet.

We resumed work after that with Lira once again calling up friends, this time Raf and I didn't bother listening in on her and actually planned some meetings for later on in the week. We also made some notes against the yakuza and other mafia associations, just in case we needed to strike. It was handy to keep tabs.