Epilogue: The Night Spider-Man Died

This was the worst attack Norman Osborn has ever done as the Green Goblin. Peter had noticed just how unstable he was this time, attacking cities with his own array of villains, which were all under attack by the other villains such as Rhino, Scorpion and even a new Doctor Octopus. While Spider-Woman, Gwen Stacy and Miles Morales were doing all they could to stop the other villains, they showed considerable amounts of exhaustion and battle damage. While Peter was hurt and tired, he was used to this from his many years as Spider-Man... almost nine years now to be exact. As Parker was doing all he could to keep his family safe from harm, Osborn was using that to Peter's disadvantage to try and finally end the wallcrawler once and for all. Both showed signs of their exhaustion but refused to give up, delivering punches to one another mocking each other one after the other. "I never knew you were so weak Parker. Trying so hard to protect everyone in your life, but unwilling to do what needs to be done to finish the job." The Green Goblin mocked trying to get a rise out of the spider clad hero.

"And I forget that with or without your mask, you're still as scary as you've always been Osborn. Seriously I can't tell if that's your mask or your normal face anymore!" Spidey joked back, punching him in the face. However, Green Goblin struck back with a hard punch to Peter's ribs only to follow up by stabbing Parker in the leg, deep in his knee specifically. Spider-Man cried out in pain from the stab wound now fresh in his leg. But Spider-Man used his strength to pull the Goblin off of his glider and landed on the streets of New York City. The two struggling to get up.

However, without any injury on his knee, Green Goblin was able to stand first and took the opportunity to stomp on Peter's ankle roughly, causing yet another scream of pain to be heard by the red and blue hero. Osborn then picked up the injured hero by his costume, lifting his face to look him in the eyes. He could see Peter's pain in his shattered eyepiece, both his eyes exposed, parts of his lower face exposed and huge tears in the costume by his chest, abdomen and now legs on his costume. "Peter Peter Peter...always trying so hard to be the hero..." He punched Spider-Man in the jaw with a right hook, followed up by a kick to his ribs.

On the side, Mary Jane and Aunt May watched in fear, as the man they cared about so much, loved even was getting so badly injured, and beat down by the Green Goblin. So much so, that Mary Jane decided to try and help him by picking up a broken radio of a car, swinging it around and used it to hit the Goblin in the back of his head, causing him to drop the injured Spider-Man on the ground. She then started to run as fast as she could to get him away from Aunt May and Spider-Man. Her thoughts- no....her hopes were that either Gwen or Miles would show up in time to help Peter get away and defeat the Goblin once again. Especially given the destruction he caused to the city thus far.....

Meanwhile, Aunt May did what she could to get to her nephew, who was in pretty bad shape given what he had experienced so far. "Peter, we need to get you some place safe! This is far above anything The Green Goblin has ever done this time!" She tried to convince Parker best she could. Though she knew what his response was going to be, she felt she had to try.

As Spider-Man was about to decline her offer, he along with Mary Jane and May both saw another glider come there way, with Harry Osborn flying in without a costume ready to help Peter. "Get away from my best friend monster!" He shouted, getting a pole from a destroyed street sign and slamming it into the villain. He was giving Mary Jane the chance to get to her husband as fast as she could. It wouldn't help for long, and Harry knew that. But at that moment, he saw the look in Norman's eyes and started to wish he had brought at least some protection to the fight...or at least some goblin weapons so he could be on equal footing.

The Green Goblin however, showed no amount of mercy for his son. In fact, it was as if the man known as Norman Osborn didn't exist anymore...like the Goblin had taken full and total control of the body. "Ahhh Harry....my son....come to the rescue, even though your hands are as dirty as mine from trying to kill the Wall Crawling weakling." Green Goblin stated with a wicked smile on his face.