Meeting The New Girl. Learning Of The Thief!

Will stands out in the streets near Queens, looking at the new girl that just stopped him. While he felt he should go back to Peter and give him a report, he also felt he shouldn't just leave her alone. Especially since she just kind of started talking to him. He could use a moment to vent, maybe just get to know her. "Yeah.....just kind of a long night is all." He responded to the observant girl, who slowly gestured for him to come over and see him. He took a moment to think about it, but decided to cross the street to go and meet up with her. With the long night he's had so far, he figured he deserved this for a while. 

The woman soon walked out of Queens, with Will walking next to her. "So, what's your story there tough guy? Why are you out so late? Why you upset?" She asked him with genuine intrigue. 

Will glanced at her with his own hands in his pockets, walking at her pace. "Well, I got this.....after school job. Lately my boss has been working me pretty hard and it's costing me a social life. Kinda hard to be able to hang out with my friends, spend time with my family or just relax a little." He explained to the best of his ability, trying to not reveal his secret. 

The girl stared at him, impressed with him having a job, but felt a little bad about what she heard. "Maybe you should ask your boss for some time off? At least a day off? Just so you can do those things." She suggested while getting a little closer to him. 

Will sighed softly when she suggested that. "That'd be a good idea for any other boss......but not this one. He's really strict about being responsible about the job, and in all honesty, I could use the money.....it..helps me distract myself from my days in school." He said gently as he soon realized they were getting a little further from Queens and near a small restaurant. A cafe he liked as a kid, The Daily Bagel. 

"Anything in particular you need distracting from?" She asked him while leaning on a wall, gently letting her purple hair flow in the wind. Her motions, her actions, and even the way she posed in specific ways, all showed just how confident in herself she was. She wasn't necessarily trying to, but she was definitely showing that she didn't care what people thought of her. Will could tell by how she carried herself that she wasn't defenseless either, that she could take care of herself just fine. 

When asked about his distractions, he took a bit to say anything. But he still had an answer in mind. "A lot really. Just people trying to pick fights with me, more and more homework being slammed down on me, and most recently with my dad's passing...." He said the last part with some sadness in his voice. The pain of that memory was still pretty fresh in his mind and his heart. But he knew it was his motivation to continue being the Spider-Man he is today.

The girl then stared at him when he mentioned his father's passing. "It was Fisk's police force right?" She asked, with Will simply responding with a nod. She then hugged him close to her, seeming to understand his pain. "He took family from me too.......I'm so sorry....." She said with genuine sympathy in her voice. "I lost my sister, my mom and dad thanks to that bastard and his experiments." She said, slightly gripping at Will's shirt, anger in her voice.

Will soon held onto her close as well. But he didn't cry. He had done enough of that about his father. Now he had a responsibility to help as many people as he could, so that no one suffered like he did, losing a family member. "I lost my father because he tried to protect me from being arrested." He said simply.

He then looked at him with a gentle look in her eyes. "Guess in a way, we both kinda grew up alone and raising ourselves huh? Just the difference being that you had a parent left....." She said simply, soon seeing Will look at her worriedly. "Don't sweat it bud. I'm not mad about it....at least not at you. I was more saying I understand you." She said calmly before brushing her hair out of her green eyes. "I'm Melony. Melony Amor." She introduced herself.

"Will Richardson." He introduced himself afterward, seeing a smile on her face. The first smile he ever saw on her face. He felt pretty charmed by that smile, though he wasn't exactly sure why. Maybe it was the way she carried herself. Maybe it was how she felt comfortable around her. Or perhaps it was the fact that they had seemed to have spent an hour together. Whatever the reason was, it didn't matter to him. 

"Well Will Richardson, you are a kind gentleman. I imagine whatever girlfriend you have is extremely lucky." She said casually while leaning closer to him. 

As Will felt her get closer to him, he could tell she was stronger than she appeared. Not overly strong, but he could tell she had some strength to her. Something in the way she was pressed against him. Perhaps her leg muscles, or arm muscles...maybe both? A mental note for him. "Oh no I'm not....dating anyone." He said while being close to her.

Melony was surprised to hear this. "Really? A handsome guy like you? Well.....how unfortunate. For them at least. I have my eye on you." She said getting relatively closer to him. She then looked at the time, seeing it was almost 10:30 at night. "I should go for now. But I want to see you later." She said to him genuinely.

"Well....uhh when would you like to?" The curly haired boy asked her curiously, hoping he'd be on time.

"How about we meet here around midnight tomorrow night." She suggested with a smile on her face.

"Yeah, I'd love that. I'll be there." He said to her. Not long after that, he felt a kiss on his right cheek, placing a hand on where she did, watching her run down the city. He then looked at his own watch and realized what time it was and ran down to Queens.

About twenty five minutes later, he was able to reach Peter's house and enter. Peter sat at his desk, turning his chair to face his protege. "You're late." He said simply.

"Yeah I know I'm sorry I was on my way here when I ran into someone and I lost track of time......" Will told him as honestly as possible. He could tell Peter knew he was telling the truth and sighed in relief. "So..... anything you can tell me about this one?" He asked his mentor.

The retired hero was on his computer. "Not this one. But she's basically a similar case. A cat Burglar, quite literally, who steals what she wants for her personal collection. But this one ..she's after more than that from Fisk specifically. Like she's trying to take from him before killing him is my guess." He told Will with a serious tone, looking a little concerned for him.

"Well for now, she's out of our hair. I know she'll be back. I don't think she's a bad person. Just going about this all wrong. She may need guidance-"

"She's going to try and use that weakness against you. Use her charms to make you think that." He interrupted suddenly with a serious tone.

"Yeah, maybe....but I don't know. She definitely seemed like she wasn't bad...." Will said while thinking about his previous fight.

Meanwhile, in a penthouse in New York City, Melony walked in petting a small kitten gently on its head. She then walked in her closet and slowly put something in what appeared to be a case. Inside was a familiar cat themed costume and gear. Her gear..."her" gear. "Only a few nights left until the big day comes." She said to herself while closing the case, keeping it safe and hidden deep in her closet

(Editor's note: here we are! The mystery of Black Cat! Hope you're enjoying so far! :3)