City Regaining Hope! Seeing The City In A Newer Light!

It's been a week since Will had started his hero career, and so far he still wasn't tired of it yet. It wasn't totally easy, but he expected it to be a little bit more difficult. He wasn't complaining too much though, especially since it was giving him some time to get in the swing of things. Heh.... that'd be a joke he would remember for later. He had told his mom about how he had a new job working for Peter as an assistant for him in the world of science and he would also tutor him a little. She of course was proud of him for wanting to earn a living early in his life. He even told Gwen, and she offered to tutor him some time, and he humbly accepted. So far, keeping a secret identity and living a double like wasn't so bad. Though it was odd to him that he'd have to lie to his friends and family the way he was, he knew it was for the best.

Before school started, Will stretched while waiting for his usual group of friends so they could just talk as they usually did. He saw the group come over to him and of course, Johnny wrapped an arm around him. "Eyyy here's our workin man! Didn't think we'd ever see you again!" He teased Will who was able to worm his way out of Johnny's grip.

The curly haired boy rolled his eyes at his joke and leaned on the lockers. "Well some of us can't rely on their looks forever, even if it's all we have for a limited time." He fired back as his friends backed Will up for the roast he delivered to their friend.

Charles smirked as he gave Will one of their secret handshakes. "Dude seriously though, we're very proud that you have this job. But you gotta remember that you have us to hang out with every now and then alright bud?" He asked.

Cornelius then stepped up looking away from his book. "Indeed my dear friend. Take some time off now and then so you can partake in such nonlaboring tasks along with us to waste time from the arbitrary time of our educational system." He said while trying to sound as smart as he always was.

Paul slugged the smartest kid in school in his arm. "Dude, just say hang out will ya?" He asked him before bringing his attention back to Will. "But anyway they're right. You're always so busy lately. Take some time off will ya?" He asked Will.

The curly haired new hero had to admit that his friends were right. Stubborn, but right. Ever since he had started being Spider-Man, he had been extremely busy. But he was trying to bring the city back to it's people and that was a never ending job for him. But he remembered something Peter advised him on his second day of being a hero. Learning to take time off and just live a normal life. It'd help him with relieving stress of the job. "alright you've made your point. I'll ask for some time off on Saturday. We can hang out then." He promised them as he stood tall against the locker.

"Splendid. I got us a new video game we can play. We will be able to coordinate plans to work together and defeat future enemies." Cornelius assured them knowing they would have a fun time.

Once the bell rang, Will walked off to class and waved his friends off. He knew he'd see them at lunch. "It does sound kinda fun to chill with them. Especially since I haven't had a real day off yet. It'll be nice to do so. I just wanted to get used to everything that happened. Especially since the gang activities have gone up a bit, and Fisk's Fists are becoming a bigger threat since they've been targeting me a lot more." He said to himself as he walked through the halls to get to class.

Meanwhile, Gwen ran up to him to talk to him. "Hey Will! Have you heard about the recent things Spider-Man has been doing lately?" She asked Will curiously. She noticed him shrug slightly which made her roll her eyes a little. "Well, basically he just took down one of Kingpin's prison cells holding certain criminals and making sure he knew which ones were innocent people and who were criminals that needed to go in jail. He's been helping the city so much more in a week than any of the other people in this city!" She told him.