A Mother/Daughter Talk!

Gwen wasn't the type who liked to get angry. But there were times she didn't know how to feel though, especially towards other people. People that were bullies, or rude to others. One of the people she was angriest at though...was her own mother. Never home, never talks to her, always too busy, never there for her when she needed it the most......today was going to be different though. Will was right, and she knew that. She had to address this to her mom soon, or it will never ever happen. She didn't want to do so, but she knew it was best to.....so she decided to wait for her mom before she left again.

Gwendolyn had arrived home earlier that evening, snacking on some food. But she was going to head out to help Will fight the villains that did such damage to the city. She had a feeling that the curly haired superhero was going to need backup. "I'm heading out now. Got work to do." She called out to her family heading toward the nearby window.

The strawberry blonde stepped out of her bedroom, a very serious expression on her face. "Mom, we need to talk." She said bluntly before her mom could leave.

As the blonde looked at her, she grabs her mask ready to put it on. "Can it wait until after I've come back? I have something I need to take care of with Spider-Man." She said trying not to sound too frantic and panicked.

However, Gwen wasn't taking this sitting down. This time, she was determined to get everything out in the open to her mom. To let out her anger and frustration with her. "No. We're talking right now. This can't wait any longer than it already has." She said without hesitation in her voice.

The mom sighed in frustration, but she also knew it was only a matter of time for this to happen. They needed to talk now or it would be too late for them to connect as a family. So she leaves the window and sits in the couch, with her daughter sitting in the chair across from her. "Alright, Gwen..... what's the matter?" She asked gently, showing her patience.

The strawberry blonde gripped onto her pants from her knees, beginning to squeeze to show her frustration. "Mom........why are you trying so hard to avoid me?" She finally asked her, her voice slightly quivering in anger.

Her mom didn't respond at first, unable to process it at first. She didn't want to lie, but she really didn't know how to answer her own daughter. "I-I don't-"

"DON'T EVEN START WITH ME!" Gwen shouted at the top of her lungs, standing up and grabbing her by the scruff of her suit. "You're never home, you basically ignore me for the most part, and you only show up once every year or two!" She called out everything her mom did.....or rather....didn't do for her throughout her childhood. "Do you just not care about us?! Do you just not care about me or dad?!....do you just not want us to be apart of your life....?" She asked with her voice quivering again, her body now shaking from how angry and upset she was.

The blonde woman watched her daughter completely heartbroken. It was then and there that she realized what she had done to her for sixteen years.....how badly she had hurt her.....she never meant to do this to her, but she didn't know that. Quickly, she stood up and hugged her daughter tightly in her arms. "No sweetie of course not.....it's just.....being the woman I am with everything I do..... I didn't want to risk you or your father getting hurt.... especially with no Spider-Man in the city....." She explained while stroking her daughter's hair delicately in her fingers. For a moment, she could hear her daughter sniffling in her chest and felt guilty for the unintended neglect, leaving her with her dad. He wasn't a bad father, but she still felt horrible for making her feel as if she didn't have a mom. "I had to make sure Fisk didn't find out that I'm Ghost-Spider.....so that you didn't get in danger from him......" she added on as she gently rocked her body back and forth to soothe her and calm her down. "I'm so sorry I wasn't there for you.....I wish things could've been different for us and our relationship.....but I do promise I'll try to do better....." she then assured her hoping to make things a little bit better for her.

The strawberry blonde looked up at her with her watery eyes, hugging her mom as well. "I'm sorry I snapped at you......I'm sorry I didn't think about you trying to keep us safe......but....can you maybe at least call us a little more often......so that we know you're safe? At least if you can't come home very often?" She asked quietly.

Gwendolyn wiped her daughter's eyes to get rid of her tears and smiled softly. "I'll do you one better......I'll visit more often as well. If you ever need me to come by....I'll be there for you." She then promised her, feeling relieved that she was able to start fixing her relationship with her daughter.

Gwen smiled at her answer, glad to know that her mom was willing to try harder to do better for them both. "Thanks mom....." she said while looking up at her. After their little spat, the two sat down together, enjoying each other's company on their couch. Today, was the start of a family reconnecting, and they couldn't be any happier.

(Editor's note: yeah this was a shorter chapter but I felt that this deserved to have a resolution for their family. Hope you're enjoying so far! :3)