Target: Spider. Man To Mantis!

A little over a full month has passed since Will had been the new Spider-Man, and the city has been improving in terms of it's courage and hope. All sorts of news media showing results of the Mutegene chemical being released in New York, reports of Spider-Man taking down Fisk's Fists and gangs all over, and more people being able to leave their homes with their protector doing his part to save the public. Not to mention the police being a bigger help to the city thanks to Spider-Man giving them a fighting chance. Everyone has slowly been noticing the significant changes in the city's demeanor thanks to the wall crawler's return. Especially Wilson Fisk himself. Every single plan he had made for years, slowly going down the drain and no one in his militaristic like army was able to stop this rookie superhero! It was beyond frustrating for him. Which was why as of three days ago, he had hired a few assassins to hunt down and kill the new Spider-Man, one of which had watched him fight before and was hoping to have a plan for defeating his spidery adversary. Fisk had high hopes for this one. Lots of news spread about him being one of the best assassins and for the money he would pay for his success, he had better be worth every penny.

After school one day, Will began to walk out of the building, yawning loudly from how tired he was. From trying to study a little bit at a time to swinging across the skies and city lights of New York, it left Will feeling rather sleepy. But he wasn't going to complain about it. Especially since this was the life he basically was handed. "Alright. Time to get to work...." He mumbled to himself as he got ready to run out to get ready for patrol.

But before he could go anywhere, the curly haired hero felt someone tug on his backpack to talk to him. It was Gwen, smiling softly at him. "You've been doing a pretty decent job with your studies..." She said shyly while twirling her hair a little. "I uh ...happened to see your grade on the recent test we had, your grade was better than it's been lately...." She added on nervously.

All the rookie hero could do was let out a nervous laugh for a few seconds. "Well I...I have a wonderful tutor......well two I mean, since you're of course one of them. But then Mr. Parker has taken some time out of his extremely busy day to help me too....." He said with a nervous chuckle. "Though honestly, I think you have a slightly better way of teaching me than even Mr. Parker." He then admitted to the blushing strawberry blonde.

Gwen couldn't help but smile at her friend and crush's kind words. "It's kind of easy to teach you. Everyone has a specific way of learning things and yours is more visual than book learning." She explained while kicking the ground with her left shoe. "But I'm so glad to know that I'm helping you. It almost makes me feel like a real superhero myself." She said slightly joking. Though if she was being totally honest, she also meant it. Sure she wasn't stopping bad guys or anything, but she was helping someone in need, which is important to a hero.

Will found her joke amusing and chuckled to himself. Though it didn't take long before that chuckle turned into slight shock. 'Spider sense? Here???? Where???' he asked himself while looking around his pereferal vision. After a short moment, he turned his head to the right and noticed a male in green armor heading straight towards him. He then dashed towards Gwen and tackled her to safety. "LOOK OUT!" He shouted in fear while tumbling to the ground, while holding her to keep her safe from harm. Thanks to his spider strength and agility, the curly haired troublemaker was able to avoid hurting himself.

The two teens stared at the adversary who randomly attacked them. A male wearing a strange, mantis like armor stared them down, waiting for one of them to make the next move. "I do not wish to attack you. However, if it means acquiring my primary target, I will not hesitate to kill any of you." The male threatened warningly. Though he was being honest about what he had said. "I know Spider-Man comes to people's rescue when they are needed. Bring him to me now." He demanded while crossing his right arm in front of him and extending a mantis arm like blade for a sword. A second one emerged from his left, making a heavy staff out of his arm.