The State Of Things! Introducing Will Richardson!

Sixteen years have passed since the last Spider-Man sighting, and Wilson Fisk became mayor. Ever since that day, his rule has been....less than fair as he has started up a new police force of his own, Fisk's Fists which runs on Wilson's tyrannical rule. Crime has slightly increased and the Fisk's Fists are extremely leery about citizens potentially getting into criminal activities, even if most people know just how corrupt Fisk's rule has been lately. Most people are afraid to run into Fisk's Fists with their new more advanced weapons, combat skills, some morality or rationality and even some armor of their own. Nothing too powerful for armor but enough to take decent damage from bullets. What criminals did try to attack were large gangs doing a lot of harm to citizens and Fisk's Fists men alike. Either way, New York City has gotten far more corrupt with Spider-Man gone...but no one knows how to find him....

On a ride through the subway, a small group of gang members, the Dragon Slayers gang were subtly riding along planning on what they'll do. They know no one would be dumb enough to attack them. Especially in Harlem, where crime has hit the hardest. One of the gang members, a man with a dragon tattoo on his face pulled a knife out of his pocket scaring a poor fifteen year old girl. "Aww don't cry kiddo, just gimme your cash and you can walk off Scott free." He started as he twirled his knife like a pro. "Otherwise...." He then points to one of the gang members, a large man with chains wrapped around his body. He punches his own fist cracking his knuckles with a look of anger on his face. Meanwhile, the final gang member simply smirked leaning on the larger one.

The girl began to whimper in fear trying to get out of it. This didn't escape the sight of a black curly haired boy wearing short sleeves and shorts, both black along with red and black shoes who couldn't help but stare. The moment he heard the girl try to beg them to leave her alone, he walked up to the group seeing the big guy about to attack her. However, the boy grabbed the chains around his body and yanked on them making him Yelp from shock. "Learn personal boundaries clown." He removed the chains and hit the large man in the face and then head with them stunning him.

The other two stare in shock. "Whoa big man...." He gets his knife out ready to stab the unsuspecting boy. However, this boy heard him, dodged to the side and kicked his wrist knocking the knife on the floor. "You've got a big mouth on you. You should learn to shut it for once." He then kicked the male in the face then punched the other one with a right hook. He then looked at the male who had the knife who got ready to try and punch him. However, with the boy's reactions he was able to dodge and see him hit his large friend, knocking him back. As soon as the subway stopped, the three thugs ran off trying to get away while they still had some dignity.

The boy rolled his eyes putting his right hand in his pocket, while grabbing his backpack and putting it on his shoulder. "Amateurs." He muttered before handing the girl's bag back to her. "Here. You need this more than I do." He stated before leaving for his stop in the morning.

The girl looked at him totally stunned by his kindness and bravery. "T-thank you!" She shouted in appreciation. "But ...wait! Who are you?!"

The boy looked back at her with a calm cool and composed look on his face, keeping his backpack on his shoulder. "Richardson. Will Richardson. Don't mention it." He told her before giving her a quick wave and walked away. He then started to jog to his school, hoping to not be too late. He checked his watch to see the time. "Perfect. Still got plenty of time." He says reaching Mott Hall High School, the school he attended with about ten minutes to spare. He sees a few of the popular kids walk up to him and give him a high five after greeting him, which he reciprocated to them as a friendly gesture. But along the way to meet up with his other friends, he ran into the school bullies picking on one of the nerdiest kids in school. "Hey Cruiser....don't you have a football to go chew on? Leave the guy alone." He told the main bully with a serious look on his face.