Captian Foxete

Foxete's POV:

I look around at our disorganized crew. Dex and I called a meeting to discuss what to do next.
"Well, we need to stay low for a bit, get back on our feet." Keeva starts off, "We can't do anything big just yet."
"I agree. We need to heal." Illoha sighs, "Most of us aren't prepared to fight right now."
"Alright, so we get a new ship and rest, now what?" Dex asks.
"Freddy's factories?" I propose.
Everyone turns to look at me.
"Well, Freddy has over 200 factories to produce his drones and droids, right?" I look at Dex.
"Yeah, he does. What are you getting at?" Dex asks.
"Keori and I could develop a virus capable of infecting all of Freddy's manufacturing. If we just put it in and leave it, all of Freddy's bots affected by the virus will become defective." I grin, "He'll have to scrap them."
"And that will leave his numbers fewer! He'll use more drones then he has." Arie exclaims, "Good idea!"
"But, we need to go back for Foxy and Bonnie, right?" Keori frowns, "We will be going back for them, right?"
Everyone stays silent for a moment.
"If Foxy and Bonnie are alive, we will get them back, maybe not soon, but we will get them back." I reassure her, "It's my fault that I wasn't strong enough to grab them, so I'll make it up to them by saving them now."
Keori sighs, "So, we're not done fighting?"
"I am!" Lexi scoffs.
"What?" Dex asks.
"I said, I'm done fighting." Lexi snaps.
"Why, because you lost friends? That should give you a bigger reason to fight!" Keeva laughs.
"What are you going to do Lexi? Sit and drink all your troubles away?" I walk over to her, "We all lost friends during this war. I get you feel hopeless, but we will be able to come back from this."
"Most of my crew died! Everyone except Jake and Damien!" She argues, "I have a reason to not want to fight anymore!"
"You can fight for yourself. For Jake? For Damien? Revenge?" I scoff, "Freddy killed Nova and dropped her dead body in front of me just to hurt me! Believe me, I understand! I watched Foxy and Bonnie..." I don't finish.
Lexi goes silent.
"As your captain, and as your friend, I'm asking you, don't quit now." I sigh, "Anyone else having doubts?"
"After that? Nope." Jake laughs and shakes his head, "Why weren't you the captain before?"
"I was, just not officially." I smile.
"Captain Foxete." Illoha laughs, "That sounds weird."
"Well, it's the name of the captain who is going to demolish Freddy's forces." Dex pats me on the back, "Right Fox?"
"Right." I grin.
Because we're The Protectors of the galaxy.

(470 Words)