Regrets

Foxete's POV:

I feel guilty, I do. I wish Melenee realized that I do feel bad. She hates me, I know that, but there's nothing I can do. I don't "mourn" normally. I can't mourn over a person I barely knew. I only had talked to Zeon 3 or 4 times before he died! There's nothing I can mourn over. I feel sad, yes. Guilty? 100%! But I didn't know him, so I'll continue to work to save my friends. People I will mourn over. I've gotten a lot done. I just need to find a bomb to break a hole in Freddy's ships and a solid plan to get inside the ship...

Melenee's POV:

She doesn't care.
I sit in the stupid med bay. She said she'd protect us! We're kids! I told Illoha to go away. She may not be Foxete, but she's Foxete's girlfriend, and that's enough. I felt the anger discard every rational thought I've had. She needs to understand what she's done. What she's taken from me. That's all I could think of. I hop out of the bed they put me on and storm into the workshop next door. My blood runs cold. She's sitting working on her computer! Just sitting there still in her armor!
"Foxete." I practically growl.
She looks up she studies my face like she's trying to understand my appearance.
"Melenee..." she swallows hard, "What brings you to the workshop?"
"My best friends death." I snap.
She stands up from the table she was sitting on, "Of course, um, I'm going to guess you blame me?"
"Rightfully so." I sneer.
"Yeah." She looks down uncomfortably, "Well, if you want to scream, yell, get anything out, go ahead."
She's so nonchalant about this. I want to scream at her. I want her to see how much pain this has caused me.

Foxete's POV:

I feel like I'm cornered. Melenee is by the door and I'm standing in the corner. I'm too tired to be able to teleport now. I realize she's slowly walking closer. Should I back up or stand here. I look her in the eyes. Nothing but pure anger.
Okay. Backing up.
The closer she gets I slowly start backing away until my back hits the wall. She's about 6 inches from my face. Her expression doesn't change. Well I'm done for aren't I? Say your prayers now because you aren't making it to 20, Fox. Never thought I would anyways. If my recklessness didn't kill me, my arrogance would. I feel her reach for my belt quickly. I look at her with a puzzled expression.
"Melenee what are you doing?" I ask, trying to keep my panic from my voice.
I look down at her hand.
She has my dagger.

Melenee's POV:

I can't feel anything other than rage and anger. Foxete is barely reacting! I just want her to show some sort of sign that she's angry, upset, or just scared! I don't know what made me do it, but I took the dagger from her belt. I don't even know if I would use it under normal circumstances, but these weren't normal circumstances.
"If you're going to kill me, then what was the point in Zeon saving me on that planet?" Foxete asks.
"What?" I snap.
"You and Zeon saved me on that planet. If you kill me now, what was the point." Her face had a hint of panic on it.
"I wanted to leave your lot for dead. I wish I did!" I yell.
"Well, you didn't, and if you kill me, I promise you that you won't survive a minute. Melenee, think rationally for a minute. Will killing me do anything?" Fox reasons.
"I... I don't know." I whisper.
"Take some advice from me then, it doesn't help. Revenge doesn't work." She slowly takes the knife from me.
I stand quietly.
"You should go to bed, I'll get Illoha." She sighs.
"Will you tell the others about this?" I speak up.
"There's no need, Melenee." She shrugs, "It is what it is."
She leaves the room and I sigh.
It is what it is.

(700 words)