Take a Break

Foxete's POV:

    I'll admit it, I haven't slept in the past few days. Every time I close my eyes I see either Bonnie's scared eyes or Foxy's sad ones staring back at me. The eyes I saw before I left them to be taken by Freddy. I've stayed up for over 48 hours just trying to figure out any way that we could possibly get them back. I sit in my room drawing in my notebook like I always do when I can't sleep. Illoha comes out of our bathroom in her pajamas. I stole one of her black sweaters, but I don't think she really noticed.
"You gonna go to sleep?" She asks.
"Probably not." I sigh, closing the notebook.
"Come on, you need to sleep." She frowns.
I sigh and bring my knees up to my chest. Illoha comes over and sits nexts to me. She grabs my hand and smiles, "Why aren't you sleeping?"
There's no point in lying. You can read my mind anyways.
"Exactly." She grins, "Nightmares?"
"Yeah, Foxy and Bonnie's faces haunt my dreams, guess it's survivors guilt." I drop my knees down and dangle my legs off the bed.
Yizels are naturally tall, so their beds are massive. I have to practically jump up. I'm not even that short! I'm 5'4!
"Remember when we said that we'd be there for each other? We'd be there when we were angry, or scared, or sad?" Illoha asks.
"Yeah, I remember." I take a deep breath.
"That hasn't changed." She shakes her head, "You need to tell me these things so that we can work through them."
I look down at my feet.
"So, why do you think you're having these nightmares?" She asks.
This is stupid.
Illoha stands up and pulls me up with her.
"Why is this stupid?" She puts her arms around my waist.
"I don't know why I have the nightmares, I just do." I sigh.
"You said it earlier, you feel guilty. Why do you feel guilty?" She asks, moving a piece of hair from infront of my eye.
"Because I left them with Freddy? Why do we have to be standing for this?" I smile a bit.
"You smiled! If you go to sleep happy, then it's harder to have nightmares, right?" She laughs, letting go of me.
"I guess so." I smile, I kiss her and sit back down.
She sits next to me, "You'll sleep now, right?"
I groan, "It's not that simple, Princess. I just can't fall asleep."
"What if we watch a movie? You normally fall asleep during those." Illoha smiles and grabs the remote from the table next to my bed.
"Sure, why not." I chuckle, "What movie?"
"I dunno. I saw one on that Disney app that seemed interesting." Illoha props up the pillows to make it like a seat.
"Whatever one you want." I smile.
What did I do to deserve you?

(490 Words)