The River Between

Illoha's POV:

    We have 6 days until the rescue mission. We've lost a lot of time. Isel hasn't been much help. She plays dumb most times just breaking things and saying 'oops my bad'. Everyone automatically forgives her! It's infuriating. I walk through the corridor until I hear the sound of beeping coming out of a closet.
"Yes... I know. I can't see the coordinates right now." I hear Isel whisper. I press my ear against the door.
Coordinates?
"I'll get Foxete to listen to me. I'll turn her against Illoha. She's been fighting with her... princess... anyways." She laughs.

Is she planning on turning us against each other? Fox and I have been arguing lately, but it's just something that'll blow over. She's just so... stubborn! I gave up everything for her! I shouldn't think about it though, I'll just piss myself off and that's another argument waiting to happen when I get to our room. I hear Isel hang up the phone.
Shit I missed the rest of the conversation.

I scramble away from the door and turn the corner as she walks out. I walk back down the hallway as if I hadn't heard her.
"Illoha." She greets me coldly, blocking my path.
"Isel. Do you need something?" I ask with the same chill.
"Yes. Where's your darling girlfriend?" She smirks.
Ew.
"I don't know. Probably in the cockpit. Please for the love of everything. Do not call her 'darling' she tired to kill a man." I roll my eyes.
"Haven't we all, Illoha?" Isel bats her eyelashes.
"Yeah, we'll she has major anger issues." I scoff.
"I agree, but they have their uses." She smiles.
"I'm so happy that the one thing you two agree on the fact that I have anger issues." Fox enters sighing.
"Well it's true." I shrug.
"Don't sound so matter-a-fact about it, Princess." She crosses her arms.
So sensitive.
"It's not that bad, Fox! You just wanted to protect Illoha! That's honestly sweet." Isel chimes in.
"Pick a side!" I roll my eyes.
"Could you not yell at everyone for like 5 minutes Illoha, or are you incapable." Fox defends Isel.
"If I yell so much then why don't you just break up with me!" I scream at her.

Shit did I just say that?

Foxete's POV:

She wants us to break up?

"Princess..." my voice comes out like a whisper.
"I'm... gonna go." Isel leaves awkwardly, "I don't want anything to do with this domestic..."
"We shouldn't be yelling in the hallway." I say silently, "Ru could-"
"He's all you care about! Ru, Ru, Ru!" Illoha snaps.
"He's my son." I remain calm, "Of course he's my main concern!"
"He is a random child we picked up on Animales! You have no claim over him!" She snaps at me.
"What is your issue?!" I yell back, "What have I done to you that is so bad?!"
"I lost my people and my father because you decided to play vigilante!" She raises her voice louder.
"So you wish you left me to die at the hands of your father?!" I laugh, "That's nice!"
"I wish you died instead of Beema!" Illoha screams, tears falling down her cheeks.

We both stay silent.

I don't take my eyes off of her.

"What?" I ask.

I now become aware of the congregation of our crew members behind Illoha and I. We must've been pretty loud.

"I didn't mean it..." Illoha cries, "I'm so sorry I didn't...."

I was crying. I could feel the tears on my cheeks.

Everyone can see me.

"Leave me alone." I say as I teleport to the workroom.

Love is for fools.
I guess I was a fool to fall for it.

(626 words)

Sorry for the depressing chapters! Unfortunately I don't think they're gonna get much better as Book 2 is almost done!
I hope you guys enjoyed!
Make sure to leave suggestions if you have any as I'm always open to them!
Love ya!