A Not So Happy Birthday

Foxete's POV:

I sit peering out into the galaxy. It's my birthday. I'm 20 years old. I clench my arms around my leather jacket and quietly whisper to myself. Who knows, maybe Acron will hear.
"God I miss you Acron. I know you're probably happier wherever you are, but Jesus, we need your help. Illoha and I are falling apart, Jake and Lexi won't get along, Lexi is a drunk. Man everything went to shit when you died." I sigh hard, "If only Bonnie would stop making a muck of things. Did you know the crew almost wanted to leave him and just get Foxy? I convinced them to save him too." I look around to make sure nobody was nearby, "I miss you pal, I really do. Happy death day."

I stand up and climb down the latter to the observatory. As soon as my feet touch the ground I hear a melancholy voice from behind me.
"Fox?" Illoha's voice sighs.
"Yes Princess?" I turn to her hopefully that it's a 'happy birthday!' Or 'I know how hard today must be for you'

How could I ever be so lucky.

"I think we should break up." She says slowly.
I stare at her in shock.
On my birthday?! On my best friends 1 YEAR DEATH ANNIVERSARY?!

"You know Princess. I never thought you would do something like this..." I sigh, "Really? Today? Not when I get back from this mission? Today?"
"What's so special about today other than the mission?" She shrugs.
I guess I deserve this for forgetting her birthday.
"Check your signal tuner." I sigh.
She pulls out her signal tuner and her eyes go wide.
"I am so sorry..." She covers her mouth.

This is a wonderful start to today! My 20th birthday, my best friends death day, AND my girlfriend becomes my ex! Yippee!

"What did I do wrong." I ask, dejected.
She thinks about it, "Isel said that you-"
I cut her off, "Did she say flirted with her? No, she made a move on me and I denied her."
Illoha looks embarrassed.
"Princess, what else did I supposedly do." I ask.
"Nothing..." she whispers.
"Then why are you breaking up with me?" I plead with her.
She hesitates, "We shouldn't have this conversation now. We'll talk after the mission." She rushes down the hallway.
I quickly teleport after her, "And if something goes wrong? Please, Illoha, I need to know what I did."
"I made a mistake telling you that." She whispers.
"Then right it. I've already forgiven you. I still love you." I grab her hand, "Just tell me what I did."
"You didn't do anything. I can't ever have a future with you. We can't get married!" Illoha's eyes turn into tears.
"So what? Marriage is a sheet of paper!" I roll my eyes, "Love is stronger than that."
"We'll talk about this after. Nothing will go wrong." She kissing my cheek.
"Alright," She begins to walk away, "I love you, Illoha."
She hesitates, "And I you." She disappears.

"Ready to go?" Dex asks appearing beside me.

"Yeah." I turn and face him,

"Let's our friends back."

(520 words)