FGO - [Chapter 23] - Under New Management

(POV - 3RD)

After the successful summoning, Y/N and Ritsuka Fujimaru is seen sitting in the cafeteria of Chaldea, with the former noticing the obvious absences of the Servants and it didn't take long for him to realize what's happening.

Looks like he was summoned just in time for the beginning of the next arc of Fate Grand Order's storyline... the Cosmos in the Lostbelt, also known as the ultimate depressing arc.

After all, being forced to fight for your own world's sake while destroying others' does put a huge toll of your mentality, especially for a third-rate magus such as Ritsuka who was forced in his position both reluctantly yet willingly.

Y/N has to admit, while he wasn't so thrilled with Ritsuka's initial bland and weak personality, who helps anyone in needs just because it's "right". However, as the storyline of FGO progresses on, the Gamer had to admit that the latter's development grew on him.

He was becoming more like his own person instead of a nameless, faceless master who does things whether it's right or wrong and the existence of "Ritsuka Fujimaru" is becoming more prominent than just that of a player playing a game.

Well, he doesn't know what exactly is he thinking, rambling on internally like this, but looks like there's some words he and Ritsuka should make.

"So... Master- that sounds so weird, I thought there were other Servants about?" Y/N asked.

"Oh... the others, right, your summoning was sort of out of the norm since I actually didn't intend to summon anymore Servants since... they just disappear." Ritsuka replied.

The Gamer immediately catches on the boy's despondent answer, quite justifiable since the Servants who he had bonded with over so many battles just simply disappeared.

Saying goodbye is hard for everyone, after all.

"I see... so my summoning was not suppose to happen..." Y/N stated, pretending to understand as he nodded, all the while keeping an earful of the alarm.

Since he's at the end of the first arc of Fate Grand Order, the main cast will soon be introduced to Chaldea's new director after the late passing of Olga Animusphere.

To be brutally honest, he didn't like Goredolf at first like many other players but similar to the Master, the fatso slowly grew on him as well, proving himself to be a leader who puts himself on the same level as his assigned men to ensure 100% survivability.

"Looks like I'll have to be patient..." Y/N thought.

"Sorry for the trouble, I know you just got summoned but I'll have to sever the contract later on since there's no more singularities to repair..." Ritsuka said.

"You know better than to jinx yourself, Master." Y/N stated, still getting used to calling the same aged teenager in front of him as "Master".

"Yeah..." Ritsuka responded back.

"Fou, foou?" A little yip called out from beneath the two boys and they turned to see a small white dog-like animal.

"Hello, Fou." Ritsuka greeted, smiling as he gave the little creature a pat on the head.

Meanwhile, Y/N was trying not to sweat or be alarmed by the little being, after all, the said animal in front of him is also known as a "Beast of Humanity". 

---------------------------------------

[Name: Cath Palug | Fou]

[Class: Beast]

[Race: Beast of Calamity]

[Title Equipped: Primate Murder ]

[Level: 10]