RWBY - [Chapter 14] - First Mission and Solo Leveling III

(Y/N POV)

"-gonna Tiga, take me, take me higher. Atsui kodou wo shinjite..." I hummed quietly in the elevator going to upward.

With a ding, the doors opened and Y/N stepped into Ozpin's office.

"Ah, Mr. L/N, glad you could make it." Ozpin greeted.

"I assume we are here to talk about what transpired last night?" I asked and they nodded.

"Indeed but first, how are you feeling?" Asked the headmaster.

"Absolutely swell, though I probably should have chased after the figure." I answered.

"Mr. L/N, I feel it's appropriate to let you know that I think what you did last night is exactly what being a huntsman is all about. You recognized a threat. You took action and you did the very best you could." Ironwood praised and all I felt is awkwardness inside.

"Thank you, sir." I replied, smiling though I'm wearing a new mask and hood.

"Was someone else with her? Did she look familiar at all?" Goodwitch questioned and I shook my head despite the fact I know exactly who but I will get to that later.

"No, she was the only person I saw last night. She did fought with glass weapons but I think it's more like fire manipulation since her clothes lit up in orange." I stated.

"That sounds like the woman I fought the night I met Ms. Rose and Mr. L/N." Goodwitch said but Ironwood disagreed.

"Embedding dust into clothing is an age-old technique. It could have been anyone." He retorted.

"Do you think this woman is connected to Torchwick and the White Fang attacks?" I asked.

"It is possible but we don't have the evidence to support that theory." He replied.

"Also, I think it's safe to say that I have a suspect in mind though I just need confirmation but first. General, did you check the system of the CCT Tower?" I asked Ironwood, who nodded.

"Indeed we have, thanks to you, we discovered a virus that can disrupt the controls of the broadcast for the tournament." He responded in which I nodded.

"That's good. As for the suspect now..." I slowly said, noticing the adults' attentions are now fully on me. Totally not nerve wracking.

"Suspect, are you saying you know who the culprit is?" Ironwood asked.

"Yeah but again, I said I need a confirmation even though the disguise was pretty- sorry, shit." I remarked before looking at Ozpin.

"Sir, do you have the transcript papers for the transfer students from Haven Academy?" I asked.

"I do, might I ask, what do you need them for?" He replied before fishing out the said papers.

"Confirmation and do you have a black marker?"

"Here." He said, chucking me one.

"Thanks." Was all I said before flipping through the papers to find, Mercury, Emerald, the disguised Neo and finally Cinder.

I returned the rest of the transcript papers to Ozpin and popped off the cap for the marker then I got to work but seriously. How the hell did they not see the resemblance? It's literally plain as day but I ignored and drew over Cinder's face until her face is exactly the same as her disguise.

"Here." I declared, showing the picture to the adults whose eyes widened in recognition and Ozpin just simply facepalmed himself.

"How could I not recognize an enemy in my own school with a simple disguise." He muttered, disappointed at himself.