RWBY - [Chapter 9] - Best Day Ever..?

(Y/N POV)

So, Volume. 1 is officially over. Right now, I'm walking towards Tukson's bookstore or what's remaining of it. Yesterday, the soldiers I lent to him returned to me so I guessed he finished packing up his store and I turned the corner and yep. The store is now empty and closed off. Making sure he did leave Vale safe and sound, I questioned the nearby passerby.

"Excuse me." I said, tapping onto a police man standing nearby.

"Yes?"

"Do you know what happened to Tukson's Booktrade?"

"Oh, apparently from what I heard, he moved out of the city and into another kingdom." He informed me, confirming his safety.

"Oh, I see...have a good day." I ended, walking off.

Right, people will probably wonder why I'm not at the academy, well let's just say. I know what is going to happen later, cough, food fight, cough. Maybe I will go back and witness that whole fiasco, after my business in Vale is done.

Anyway. Tukson is now out of Vale and still alive. That's nice, he's not a bad character. Should I keep an eye out for Mercury and Emerald? Probably, they're likely to go to the former bookstore since they were tasked to kill him. Right now, I can't see neither of the duo so I suppose I should go back to the academy but my chances of catching glimpse of the two soon-to-be students would slip through.

I was deciding on which decision to make until I bumped into someone, when we maintained both our balances. I apologised but soon my voice died since I'm looking at the said girl I was looking for in the first place.

"Ah. Sorry, I wasn't watching..." I said while trying to keep a calm voice.

"No, I'm at fault as well. I'm not from around this area." Emerald replied with a smile, oh how appearance can be very deceiving.

"Then isn't is dangerous if your're alone and not know the area?" I asked, using this opportunity to take a peek at her stats.

[Name: Emerald Sustrai]

[Race: Human]

[Title Equipped: ]

[Level: 22]

[Health Point: 2200/2200]

[Aura Points: 1000/1000]

[Experience Point: 1142/2000]

[Semblance: Illusion]

"Oh, I'm not actually alone. Anyway, would you mind pointing me to the direction of this shop?" She requested pulling out a slip of paper that is Tukson's former shop. So I played dumb.

"...Is that the location for Tukson's Booktrade?" I questioned, making sure I sound curious.

"Yes, I was hoping you know where it is." She replied back so I continued with my facade.

"Well...from what I've heard. Tukson's Booktrade closed down a few days ago." I informed her and her face seems to drop.

"...Is that so?" She asked with a frown.

"Yeah. I was actually hoping to buy something from him today but I guess my luck sucks." I said with a fake chuckle.

"I guess it can't be helped...though thanks for the information." She said.

"Oh, don't worry. Anyway, I got business elsewhere so have a nice day." I said and waved goodbye to her.

"You too." She waved back and walked off, I breathed a small sigh of relief since I just had an encounter with one of Cinder's followers.