RWBY - [Chapter 13] - Dance of Flames

(3RD POV)

At the night of the dance, everyone is present and the atmosphere is very pleasant, students excitedly and continuously poured into the ballroom with suits and dresses while several asked for a dance with a partner. This day was awaited by many and finally, they can enjoy the event without anything holding them back.

"Ohhh! You look absolutely beautiful!" Squealed Yang as she eyed Ruby head to toe.

"Can we...have...a serious talk of how Weiss fights in these?!" Ruby grunted, trying to adjust to her heels.

"Stupid...dumb...necktie!" Sun grumbled as he proceeded to fight with the messily tied necktie around his neck. Not around his collar.

"I knew you'd look better in a tie." Commented a voice and Sun stops to look to his side to see Blake standing there with a purple dress, her face completely devoid of the bags underneath her eyes as if she traded them for the dress. Stepping forward, she took him by the arms.

"Soo, does this mean we're going...together?" Sun asked uncertainly.

"Technically though my first two dances are spoken for." Replied Blake.

Inside the ballroom, streamers are hung through chandeliers, pink and blue balloons are everywhere and students are in dark suits and bright dresses are dancing with each others to the music between the white tables. Blake is spun around by Yang then they curtsied to each other before Sun comes and took her by the hand as Yang gestured him to do so.

"I knew she would come." Yang said, smiling at the dancers.

"Mission accomplished." Weiss added, satisfied.

"Sooo, what do we do now?" Ruby asked.

"Just have fun while I wait for our local edgelord." Replied Yang, walking off and making the girls realize who she's talking about. Weiss also walked off in hopes to find the said edgelord.

"Does it mean I change out of this stupid dress and back to my hood? Stupid lady, stilts!" Ruby grumbled, unaware of Ozpin's presence behind her.

"Not enjoying yourself?" He asked.

"Oh, no! Everything's fine! I'm just not much of a fancy pantsy...dancey girl." Replied Ruby.

"Well, you can't spend your whole life on a battlefield, even if you may want to." Said Ozpin, sipping that coffee cup of his.

"Yeah, that lesson has been floating around a lot lately." Ruby remarked.

"If you think about it, fighting and dancing aren't so different. Two partners interlocked, although one wrong move on the ballroom merely leads to a swollen foot." Stated the headmaster.

"Or a twisted ankle." Ruby interjected, resulting a small chuckle from Ozpin.

"It's not everyday that friends are able to come together like this. Time has a way of testing our bonds but it's nights like these that can help keep them stronger than ever. Nights like these are the ones we will never forget." Ozpin stated before walking off.

"You guys are just in time!" Yang exclaimed as she watched Emerald and Mercury walked in.

"Wouldn't miss it for the world." Replied Emerald.

--------------------------------

The scene shows the students schmoozing with each other, Dr. Oobleck is shown listening attentively to Professor Port as he laughs over some unheard joke or story. Ozpin is standing to the side with Goodwitch until Ironwood offers her a dance with him. Jeanne approaches the punch bowl where Ruby standing at and definitely not hiding there to pass the time.